Contacts Sync for Google Gmail
Developer: Playa Apps
Current Version: 6.5.3
Last Updated: 6 months ago
Download Size: 4.5 MB - Download
••• SYNCS GROUPS!
••• SYNCS AUTOMATICALLY!
••• #1 IN DOWNLOADS & REVIEWS FOR 5+ YEARS!
With ”Contacts Sync for Google Gmail,” you can quickly & easily sync your Gmail & Mac contacts so that you can have access to your contacts wherever you go. This app distinguishes itself with its reliability, ease of use, speed, and with a true "2-way sync" that merges changes made to both your Gmail & Mac contacts. This is the #1 app for syncing Gmail contacts with Mac both in terms of downloads & reviews.
Also of significance, this app syncs contact groups with Google. For instance, you may have organized your Gmail contacts into groups such as "friends," "family," and "coworkers." After syncing, your Mac groups will match your Gmail groups.
With the customizability that this app provides, it can be used in a number of creative ways. For example, you can backup your Mac contacts to Gmail, you can sync iCloud or Exchange contacts with Gmail, or you can perform syncs in one direction only (such as Gmail to Mac).
• Choose from one of the following sync types: 2-way sync, Gmail contacts -> Mac, Mac contacts -> Gmail, & Manual Sync
• Choose a 2-way sync to combine changes you’ve made to your contacts in both Mac & Gmail
• Choose a 1-way sync to transfer changes in one direction only
• Choose a manual sync to sync selected contacts only
• Sync specific contacts only by using filters
• Apply the group filter to sync contacts that belong to the specified groups only
SYNCS ALL FIELDS:
• Syncs all fields including names, phonetic names, nicknames, email addresses, phone numbers, postal addresses, company names, job titles, departments, birthdays, anniversaries, events, notes, web page addresses, relationships, instant messaging accounts, & social profiles
• Syncs contact photos
• Syncs custom labels & custom fields
• During the initial sync, the contents of matching Gmail & Mac contacts will be merged
CONFIRM CHANGES BEFORE SYNCING:
• Review each change before the sync actually begins
• Easily override the suggested changes
• Automatically syncs contacts in the background 24/7
• Choose which Mac contact account you want to sync with Google whether it's an ordinary “On My Mac” account, iCloud, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or even Facebook
• Prevents duplicates by automatically matching your Gmail & Mac contacts when syncing
• Warns you of potential duplicates in Gmail before they’re synced to your Mac
• Monitor the results of the current sync, and review the results of the last 100 synchronizations
• Compatible with iCloud, Google Apps, Exchange Server, SSO
• English, French, & Spanish
• In the case that you need support, our friendly American customer support team usually answers emails within 4 hours
* Improved error handling
Most Helpful Reviews
Works Great and Very Responsive With Questions - I have been using this app for over a year and it realy works great. I maintain all my contacts in Gmail online and they all sync perfectly with my mac. My mac then syncs with iCoud which in turn keeps my iPhone up to date. Even the Groups sync. Best of all, if you have a question, simply send an email and you will get a timely response.
Horrible... - I've used this product for over a year, first on my iPhone then my Mac. Each time it syncs it moves all of my Gmail contacts over to other contacts, then I have to move them right back. It indicates that it finds duplicates yet offers no viable worthwhile resolution/function. Not to mention that Gmail itself doesn't seem to catch the duplicates that this program finds but doesn't fix. The only reason I still use Gmail is for Google Voice on my iPhone. Other than that Gmail contact usage is ridiculous at best. I guess I'm searching for a new software product that can actually do what it states. Good luck to anyone that has over 1,000 contacts and tries to use this product. Beware and back up your contacts before you use it.
More Reviews for Current Version
I paid the 3.99 fee, but it does not work - I paid the $3.99 fee to allow sync of my 716 contacts but it keeps asking me to upgrade for $3.99 again when I try to sync. When I click restore purchase, it says it successfully restored the purchase, but it does not allow sync and asks me to upgrade again. I cannot get it to work and I am giving up after spending an hour….
Simple and works like a charm - No issues in my syncing so far. I sync mostly in one-way (iCloud to Gmail). I like the fact that it allows me to use more fields than the build-in sync tool (e.g. my contacts' photos)
Doesbn’t work - It doesn’t work and it crashes your computer.
Reliable - I’ve been using Contact Sync for more than a year now. There has never been a glitch or problem. It works reliably and well.
Works flawlessly - This app does precisely what it says it does, smoothly, regularly and invisibly. I spent a long time using both Mac and Android devices regularly and my contacts always stayed perfectly updated on all my devices thanks to this app. I’ve never had any problems: no duplicate entries, no missing contact pictures, no failures to sync for long periods of time… no confusion of any sort. To the programmers, thanks!