Current Version: 1.2.7
Last Updated: 16 days ago
Download Size: 1.9 MB - Download
Contact Clearout works across multiple accounts including linked Social Media accounts to safely remove duplicates and clean up data issues with your contacts.The search engine is the fastest and most effective yet. It lets you see contacts side-by-side and drag drop between them - see the video on the web site!
But Contact Clearout goes further, it uses heuristics to show you hidden possible matches side by side, so you can auto-merge or drag and drop fields, or groups of fields, between contacts to combine them manually.
Clearout won't throw away anything without asking. You can review duplicates before they are discarded. For extra safety, archive copies of all deletions are kept to make sure you can't lose information. Also there is multi-level undo on all changes.
Graphical display of group membership lets you visualize how you are using groups and to change group membership with a single click.
Being able to review duplicates before they are deleted is a vital tool for diagnosing recurring problems.
• Auto-remove identical duplicates and redundant duplicates.
• Find duplicates when names are incomplete or in the wrong place.
• Find possible match duplicate that you may be able to combine.
• Drag names, phone numbers and any other information between cards.
• Deleted contacts are archived and can be recovered by drag and drop in the Finder.
• Edit text and change incorrect labels, or formatting at any time.
• One click to change group membership of contact or multiple contacts.
• Fix many issues in cards (and more to come)• Multilevel undo in case your fingers slip.
Fixes for High Sierra display glitches.
Most Helpful Reviews
Works well - After a hardware failure earlier in the day I had to dig out a backup copy of the address book. Fortunatly I had a backup, but once I imported the data back into the address book I was left with a lot of duplicate entries, and other random issues. I download the app this evening and it worked fairly well. I found it pretty straight foreward and easy to use, and it saved me a lot of time. I really wish it had a feature where you could delete a field in all the contacts. For example, delete all the notes for all contacts, or remove all job titles. Hopefully as they continue to upgrade the app, features like that could be added.