Developer: Tien Thinh Vu
Current Version: 2.04
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 1.4 MB - Download
CompareMerge is a software tool for file comparison and merging text-like files.
It is useful for determining what has changed between versions, and then merging changes between versions.
Functions of the application:
- COMPARE FOLDERS/FILES: can compare both 2 files or 2 folders
- BLANK COMPARE: Allow to create blank edit window to compare text then save later
- INLINE EDIT (Edit/Merge at the same time) : Compare and Merge 2 text files: allow you to edit/compare/merge 2 text files in the same windows
- LINE NUMBER: When edit file, showing line number will make it easier to know exactly changes positions.
- FILE FILTERS: Include or exclude files that match regular expressions. Other than that, after compare 2 folders, you could filter display item base on file name.
- INCLUDE SUBFOLDERS: This option lets you control the depth of a folder comparison. Enabling it compares all folder levels
- COPY TO: after compare 2 folder, you can select left or right files to copy to different location (example: when release change source)
- DELETE Left/Right/Both: after compare 2 folder, you can select left or right files to delete
- IGNORE CASE, SPACE: Allow to ignore Case, Space in Edit/Merge window
- IGNORE End-Line code: Allow to ignore difference in End Line Code (LF for Mac・Unix file, CR-LF for Windows file, or CR for Mac classic file) in Edit mode.
Note: when compare folders, EOL was not ignored.
- EXPORT / CREATE REPORT: Allow to export compare/merge result to clipboard or to files (support formats: CSV, Text, HTML)
- Syntax highlight
- Export to zip file
- User can compare hidden files, folder (example: .git folder)
- Allow to merge binary-plist file
- In edit mode, a small view is show to the exact text difference
- Add read/save encoding setting controls to Merge windows
- Improve UI
- Fix bug
Most Helpful Reviews
Niiiiiice! - Thank you for this app: it is just what I needed. I was able to figure out how to use it immediately. However, I've had some experience with Beyond Compare, so I'm not a complete noobe. It might be a good idea to provide a short Help section when you have time. Still, this app is awesome as it is. Great job! One problem for you might be visibility in the App Store. When I searched for "Merge Files" and "Compare Files," your app didn't show up. It DOES show for "File Merge" and "File Compare." I don't know how you control that (maybe wording in your description?), but it would be a boost for your sales if you can get your app in the list for all of those terms.
CompareMerge nearly perfect folder sync, fatal issue - Huge problem, I’ve paid for this application, and yet nearly every time I start the app, it forces me through one of two dialogs, no way to turn them off: “Rate this app” and “Convert to no-sandbox version”. This is an absolutely arrogant slap at the paying customer, no excuse for this application behavior.