Commander One PRO - FTPclient, RAR, 7zip extractor
Developer: Eltima LLC
Current Version: 1.7.2
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 17.6 MB - Download
Commander One PRO is a revolutionary file manager for Mac with dual-panel interface. Completely developed in Swift, this file management software provides multiple advanced tools for efficient work with your files, folders, documents, archives, remote servers and computer processes.
Cultofmac.com - “This app is everything OS X Finder wants to be”
Appleworld.today -”I'd describe it more as a handy Finder "enhancer" that's great for Mac OS X "power users"; “If you consider yourself a "power user" and want the ability to tweak and fiddle with the functions on your Mac, you'll find it very handy — especially the pro version.”
Besides the basic OS X file manager features, Commander One PRO also has a number of handy optimizations to your workflow:
- Create, delete, open, move, and rename files and folders;
- Use regular expressions in file search;
- Various view modes;
- Unlimited tabs;
- File operations can be queued even if they were in progress;
- Customizable hotkeys;
- History, Favorites;
- Select the program to open the file;
- All computers over network are detected and displayed in the list.
Commander One PRO is also a WebDAV and FTP client. It allows working with many types of archives and search through them. You can mount various Cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive in Commander One for quick and easy access to your online files.
- Access remote servers via FTP, SFTP or FTPS;
- Two panels are for sure more efficient than one;
- Keep an eye on file operations with convenient queueing;
- Change files permissions.
- Connect to WebDAV servers. You can connect to as many servers as you need at the same time in Commander One.
- Work directly with your files stored on the server, as if they are stored in a local folder on your Mac.
- Transfer files from one WebDAV server to another, without downloading them to your Mac.
Amazon S3 Browser:
- Access and work with files of Amazon S3 account;
- Link your Amazon S3 account fully or only specific buckets.
Work with Clouds
- Commander One is the single-stop Dropbox client for any number of accounts;
- Mount your online Dropbox without installing it on your Mac and copying your data there;
- Share Dropbox links right from Commander One;
- Connect Dropbox Business account to get fast and easy access to your work files;
- Mount your Google Drive account, work with your online files and share Google Drive folders;
- Manage your Google Drive files and folders in Commander One without saving them on Mac;
- Mount Microsoft OneDrive on Mac and access your online files from Commander One as any local ones.
Mount MTP devices:
You can easily mount your MTP devices and access their contents - just connect your device to Mac and it will be available as a mounted drive in Commander One. You can also use it for OS X Android file transfer.
Compress and Extract:
- Extract and compress 7zip packages, or work with 7zip Mac archives as regular folders: view, add, or remove files without extracting;
- Extract files from RAR packages, search archive contents, copy files from RAR without even extracting;
- Gain full access to TAR packages (TBZ, TGZ, Tar.Z, tar.lzma and tar.xz) including compress, extract, open as a folder and search archive contents;
- Work with .ipa, .apk, .jar, .ear, .war files as with regular folders.
Make it unique:
- Commander One offers pre-designed color themes and allows you to create your very own theme for maximum convenience and unique feeling;
- Customize fonts up to your visual convenience.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected] We are happy to help. Your feedback is welcome and will be taken into account for next releases.
Improved: file/directory list display speed on all types of disks.
Fixed: lagging when connecting to some SFTP servers.
A lot of other minor fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!).
Most Helpful Reviews
My go to file manager - The developers have done a great job, and the new version 1.5 has some great additions. There is a free version of this app, but the Pro is really the only way to go because it unlocks what a file manager really should be - an all in one manager for all your local, cloud, and server needs. My favorite part, even though it may sound trivial, is that I can change and customize themes.
damaged! - does not work properly on OS X EI Captain
More Reviews for Current Version
Necessary file support - I found this after years of use with Windows Commander use on the MS software. I would be lost without it when trying to navigate the file system.
Crashes - The one thing that I can count on is that this program will crash nearly everytime it is used. I send the reports that are generated from each crash. Hopefully you can learn something. As it is now the program is worthless.
Paid for PRO — MTP (Android USB connect) didn - Edit 6/10/2017: Now MTP access has stopped working entirely. I reinstalled Android File Transfer, and it works with that, so I know it is not the cable or the device configuration. I have not updated either the device or the Mac OS. Edit: Eltima customer service responded and said that I needed to be in USB debugging mode on my device. This makes it work. I am still disappointed that my device must be in a special developer mode. Android File Transfer, the application that I had previously used and have now uninstalled, did not require this. Previous: "This review is for the PRO version. I paid for PRO to get MTP (access Android device), but it doesn’t work. After plugging in my stock, non-rooted Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android 6.0.1) using USB, I wait about a whole minute while nothing happens, then Commander One PRO puts up a pop-up window that says “MTP device 'Samsung Galaxy S7' is connected to Commander One," while the device puts up a pop-up window requesting “Allow access to device data.” As soon as I click “ALLOW” on that window, and “OK” on the Mac pop-up window, Commander One Pro removes the device from its list of devices; it is no longer visible. Every minute or so, Commander One PRO repeats the process automatically, with the same failure. I am running OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan)."
Memory Leak Issue - Uning this with Amazon S3 Buckets. Loading 3 GB files results in the app taking up 40GB of system memory and freezing my mac. You can see it running up in the activity monitor as it loads files up. So pretty useless for anything but small uploads
Nice SFTP Client - I went looking for a SFTP GUI client after I tried to install Filezilla and my anti-virus blocked it because of ad-ware - they say its a false positive but who wants to take any chances so app store here I come! I tried several of the try before you buy apps and most were good. I even followed some of the links in the app store to the developers home pages and checked out their offerings. Eventually I narrorwed it down to this one and another app with a very similar GUI. After trying the other one out and feeling dissatisfied I decieded to buy Commander One Pro and test the full version out. Pros: Drag and drop is effortless and smooth. Connecting to SFTP sites is easy and you can use SSH keys to make it even easier. Being able to connect to dropbox, etc is a nice feature although I’m not a cloud user. And the theme support is nice too but again I don’t see me using it much (the basic theme seems nice enough). Cons: Everytime I open the app it asks for permission to access a directory. It would be nice if it had the option to save this so I didn’t have to tell it every time. All in all I’m very happy with the purchase! It does what it claims to do and at a reasonable price!