*** Mac App Store special launch sale. 30% off normal price for a limited time! ***
Comic Books is a Mac application that lets users manage their in-home comic books collection by entering in barcodes or by importing from the iCollect Comic Books iPhone/iPod app.
Here is a quick list of some of the great features this app has:
- Enter in comic books via barcode
- Enter in comic books via import from iCollect Comic Books (iPhone app)
- Sync your comic books from icollectmedia.com
- Export your comic books collection
- View all game information, such as cover art, author, publisher, rating, and binding
- View personal information, like star rating and who you've loaned a comic book to.
- Filter comic books with our custom filtering section
- Search for comic books instantly by title
- Add comic book to and from a wishlist
- Pulls the latest updated data and art from our huge database
- and more!
Get free upgrades for life! Future features in early 2011 include:
- Full comic book editing
- Added comic books via database search
- More filtering options
- and more!
A great app by itself or also as a pair with iCollect Comic Books for the iPhone/iPod.
We look forward to your feedback.
Most Helpful Reviews
Complete waste of Money and Time - This product has a major flaw. You can't add your comic books to any collection or start a new collection. Clicking on the add comic book menu item brings up a window that says "Add A Movie". It refuses to recognize any comic book barcode you type in. There is zero help. No help menu and instructions are completely absent. The Only way I have found to add a comic book is to start an account on the company's website then sync my online collection with the program. As a stand-alone product it is completely useless. Support for a barcode reader should be included. I consider that a must have feature in any movie, book, music or comic book database software. This program need some major fixes and is unfinished in my opinion.
More Reviews for Current Version
Waste of Money - You can only add comics that the author wants you to add, and if they have not gotten around to adding something yet, then you are out of luck.
Poor poor poor - Just about everything about this app was a disappointment. The ONLY way to add a comic is via barcode--if it doesn't take that, tough luck. Numerous references throughout the app to "Movies", since this is obviously just a copy of their Movies app where someone did a poor job replacing all the strings. Support link doesn't even go anywhere useful. Wish I could get a refund--this is awful.
Horrible app - This application is false advertising. It is absolutely useless and ridiculously over priced. This app should not even be given away because it is an absolute waste of time.
DO NOT BUY: No Longer supported - DO NOT BUY!