Developer: Nikolai Krill
Current Version: 2.3
Last Updated: 18 days ago
Download Size: 55 MB - Download
Edit and run code in any programming language with just a single click. With CodeRunner, it has never been easier to write and test code, run scripts, work with algorithms, or simply experiment with a new coding or scripting language.
Run Your Code Instantly
• CodeRunner was built on the principle that you should be able to run your code instantly, in any language. CodeRunner can run code in 23 languages out-of-the-box, and can be easily extended to run code in any other language.
IDE-Level Code Completion
• Any programmer knows the importance of good code completion. That's why CodeRunner supports full-blown IDE-level code completion for most languages, that includes fuzzy-search, tab-selectable placeholders, and documentation snippets.
Debugging with Breakpoints
• New in CodeRunner 2.2, you can set breakpoints and step through code line by line. Just click the text margin to set a breakpoint and start debugging. Explore the call stack, view and edit local variables, and leverage the full power of the debugger by issuing debugger commands. Debugging code in any language has never been this convenient.
Supported Languages for Running Code
For a full list of supported languages and features, please visit coderunnerapp.com
- Support for the Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro.
- Improved state restoration. Previously open windows, documents, and associated states are now fully restored between app launches.
- New indentation preference makes it easy to set a preferred indentation without modifying each language configuration separately.
- Smarter behavior of the tab and backspace keys when dealing with spaces-indentation.
- Expanded support for character encodings, and improved automatic detection of encoding when opening documents.
- Indentation of wrapped lines in the editor to reduce clutter.
- Print now includes syntax highlighting and line numbers.
- More neatly organized list of open documents under the Window menu and when right-clicking the dock icon.
- Ability to initiate running of code when right-clicking a tab.
- Text find shows the number of occurrences and highlights all results.
- Wrap lines preference affects the console in addition to the editor.
- Lots of minor improvements and bug fixes.
Most Helpful Reviews
Thanks free non-App store version - As for study programming, CodeRunner 2 is good! Thanks for study programming. Also, Thanks for free non-App store version licensing!!! So I have two CodeRunner 2, App store version & non-App store version both. good to buy!!! Thank for study developing study Apple looks so delicious and happy. Have a nice day!
Great if it worked. - Judging by the description, this is exactly the kind of program I want. Unfortunately, it hardly works. It refuses to except my specific Python executable, despite setting it up properly in the language settings. It always uses its internal Python, which doesn’t have my libraries. It has an option for invoking the bash_profile, but it doesn’t work. None of the variables, aliases, etc. that I have in my bash_profile are visible to Coderunner (tried running a simple bash script within it to echo variables). Even if these things did work, Coderunner freezes about every fourth time I click “Run.” I must force quit to get out of it and of course, I lose all my work. Finally, support is non-existent. I emailed the developer a week ago, no response; their “support” page has two FAQs; and despite being #1 in the app store developer category, Googling for help comes up with a scant few stack overflow responses on issues unrelated to the numerous ones I have. Great vision, poorly executed. I’ll come back when it works as intended. And I really want to.
More Reviews for Current Version
Fantastic lightweight editor+runner - Developers will always scoff at apps like these (especially ones whose primary notability derives from the Mac App Store—normally a bit sketchy), which make you pay for what you could likely get for free from such popular editors as Sublime, Atom, Notepad++, Vim, etc. But I can whole-heartedly vouch for the legitimacy of Coderunner on all fronts. It is virtually bug-free, has a dead-simple interface, is extremely fast, is delightfully customizable, has excellent syntax highlighting for a good variety of languages, and most importantly, lets you run your programs with the touch of a button, no strings attached. I personally use it for small programs and self-contained bits of code—it serves as an excellent, speedy testing groundy to dump snippets into or to build up sections of a larger project. It is also a fine editor for HTML and Markdown, as it renders it in the output window when you press run. Of course, I’ll tend toward full IDE’s for larger, more interconnected projects, but when it comes to single-file programs, I find it faster and more pleasant than the more popular editors.
Warm Towel Out of the Dryer Feeling for CodeRunner - I love to write code. Mainly in Python, Swift and C#. But I like to dabble in different languages. I suffered through many IDE’s over the years. I realized that way too much of my time was spent messing about with learning the IDE itself. Too many IDE’s. Not enough time spent coding. I downloaded the free trial program, which was good for 30 days. On day three I decided to buy it on the app store so I could load it on all my Macs. I just love it too much. You can easily theme it. It runs clean and light, with never a crash, despite daily use. The IDE is intuitive enough with autocomplete without being a bother. It’s tight and just what you need. I do wish it would come out in Linux for my students. But having it in Mac is so wonderful. Keep up the good work!
Best Coding App - This is the best coding App I had ever used
Exactly what I needed, works perfectly - I read the reviews, skeptic about what other people were saying, crashes, slow, clunky, but I’m not having any of those issues. Works perfectly fine for me! Also, this text editor has everything I was looking for to program Python, and it’s very user friendly. Great for beginners!
Great app that works very well! - everything i was looking for in an ide. come with a bunch of pre installed language libraries and allows a good amount for configurtion. Also includes the ablity to test the code right from the app. Great for web developers.