Current Version: 2.0.1
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 576.9 KB - Download
Clyppan is a clipboard manager and history app that is always at your fingertips. It keeps a list of text you have copied to the clipboard and allows you to paste it again by selecting it from the list within Clyppan. Clyppan is designed to be sleek, simple, elegant and get out of your way.
Clyppan is tested and is compatible with Apple's upcoming release, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
● NEW! Favorites: Keep often used clippings easily accessible with the new favorites support. The first 9 clippings can be easily pasted using a keyboard shortcut.
● Always at your fingertips: all of Clyppan's functionality can be reach via the keyboard. Clyppan is designed so that you never need to reach for the mouse‚ unless you want to.
● Rapid Paste: use Rapid Paste keyboard shortcut to put the next item in Clyppan's list on to the clipboard. This is a great way of pasting multiple items without switching away from the application you're working in.
● Quick Preview: get a better look at what you've copied. The Quick Preview feature allows you to view the whole text, not just the first line. Simply select a clipping from the list and hit Spacebar to bring up the Quick Preview window.
● iTunes-like Search: find any clipping fast by using the built in search functionality. You can also search for the application where you copied the clipping from.
● Persistent: all clippings are stored on disk, so your clippings are safe even if you restart Clyppan or even restart your Mac.
● OS X Lion compatible: Clyppan works perfectly on Lion and works really well together with applications that support Lion's full screen feature.
★ GLOBAL KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS
These shortcuts work everywhere, it does not matter if Clyppan is active or not. They can also be customised in Clyppan's Preference window to suit your needs:
● ⇧⌘C — Hide/show Clyppan
● ⇧⌘V — Rapid paste
★ CLYPPAN KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS
These shortcuts can be used when Clyppan is active:
● 1-9 — Paste favorite and hide Clyppan
● ⌘1 — Switch to “All”
● ⌘2 — Switch to “Favorites”
● ⌘3 — Switch to “Most Used”
● F — Toggle clipping as a favorite
● ⌘L — Show current clipping
● Space — Hide/show the Quick Preview window
● ⌘F — Jump to the Search box.
● ↩ — Put the selected clipping on the clipboard, paste and hide Clyppan.
● ⇧↩ — Put the selected item on the clipboard, but do not paste and do not hide Clyppan.
● ⌫ — Delete selected clipping
● ⌘, — Open Preferences
● ⌘Q — Quit Clyppan
★ SUPPORT, FEEDBACK & SUGGESTIONS
Got a great idea for a feature or discovered a bug? Please send all your feedback, suggestions, features requests and bug reports to [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
- Plays nicely with apps such as TextExpander, Typinator, TypeIt4Me, Butler, etc.
- TAB now jumps directly from the search box to the clippings list without having to tab through "All", "Favorites" and "Most Used".
- Added ability to hide status bar icon using a hidden preference.
To hide run the following in Terminal: defaults write cc.omh.Clyppan hideStatusBarIcon 1
- Misc small bug fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Much better than similar, cheaper apps - This one has it all! - Very nice User Interface - Global shortcuts - Rapid Paste (paste multiple clips after one another) - No Dock icon - Quick Look previews - Clips are stored even after rebooting
Useless without Shortcuts - Lacks expected functionality that would make it useful: individual shortcuts for the last X clips. It has a "Rapid paste" feature which would only be useful if it replaced the previous rapid-paste, so that you could easily cycle through content. As it stands, this just rotates through your clips and pastes them each time you press the hotkey. I don't see any use for this without the ability to import a list of items and automatically sort them as separate clips.
More Reviews for Current Version
Mostly Worthless No Shortcuts - You save the clippings but it has no easy way to use a keyboard shortcut to paste. Save your money, wish I did!
Nice app, simple gui, great features - I was looking for a clipboard manager with a non-fancy usable gui, that lets me search through my copied stuff, and I found it :) Only drawback is maximum saved clippings is 1000… but thats still plenty.
Great! - Note to Apple: Please buy this software from the developer, and integrate into OS X, this is one of the few essential apps that everyone should have! Note to author: Thanks *so* much, you rock.
Productive - Its useful, use it quite a bit for work. They should update it so that you can move it around in the menu bar by holding shift+cmd and dragging like you can with other icons tho.
BEST Clipboard Manager - Clyppan is the best clipboard manager on OS X, period. I tried them all, I am a very demanding user, and I could not be happier with Clyppan. Please never stop upgrading and developing it. Apple should buy you out, and include it as system default! Thank you so much for Clyppan.