Clinical ORthopaedic Exam
Developer: Clinically Relevant Technologies
Current Version: 2.0
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 5.3 MB - Download
CORE is your expert reference tool for diagnosing musculoskeletal and orthopedic disorders. The Clinical Orthopedic Exam offers you a robust database of over 250 clinical tests with descriptions on how to perform them, video demonstrations, diagnostic properties and links to supporting medical references. Click “…More” to learn why you should download this powerful resource App today!
“CORE has set the standard for a clinical exam app. The most striking feature of this app, in addition to the vast collection of tests and videos, is actually the “properties” tab. For every test, data is presented regarding the sensitivity, specificity, likelihood ratio, accuracy and other relevant statistical tests based on primary literature references. These lists are incredibly complete. This is a feature that I have not seen replicated by any other orthopaedic reference."
- TopOrthoApps.com (Mobile App Reviews for Orthopaedic Surgeons - Featured by AAOS)
CORE for the iPhone is a wonderful reference for many clinicians, including, but not limited to, physical therapists, athletic trainers, orthopaedic surgeons, nurses, primary care physicians, and emergency room physicians. The app is user friendly and easy to navigate. The authors have undoubtedly put many hours of work into this application and it shows. I would recommend this to all clinicians who perform orthopedic examinations."
- Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy (JOSPT), April 2011 (Book Reviews)
“CORE is a great addition to the burgeoning collection of medical applications on the iPhone...If their first application is any indication, it seems we will have more to celebrate in the future. ...excellent application for doing the musculoskeletal portion of the physical exam. ....stress how this is a great medical application for primary care physicians. All primary care physicians know how important a strong musculoskeletal physical exam can be, as they are often the first line for presenting symptoms.”
The physical exam is an important part of the overall evaluation, and maneuvers/special tests are often used to evaluate and diagnose the patient.
For almost every musculoskeletal ailment, there is a specific physical maneuver to perform. The results of that test indicate a positive or negative finding, providing a further clue to the diagnosis.
Often, there are several tests for each issue. Some are better for diagnosis than others. That’s where CORE comes to the rescue.
This useful little app contains almost 250 medically referenced physical exam maneuvers. All the extremities are covered, as well as the spine. You get step-by-step text and video on how to perform the examination and a quick summary of references for each exam.
CORE is the app you need for making your evidence-based, clinical diagnosis. Check out the CORE features:
* Powerful pocket reference with periodic updates of emerging research
* Over 250 clinical tests to aid in diagnosis for musculoskeletal and orthopedic disorders
* Covers tendinous, neuropathic, ligamentous problems for each body part
* Descriptions on how to perform each test
* Video demonstrations
* Diagnostic properties (reliability and validity)
* Links to supporting medical references
* Reference reviews via abstracts in PUBMed
* Free updates when new tests are available in the literature, or new studies with diagnostic properties for old tests are published (No need to “buy a newer edition”)
* Please note that PUBMED REFERENCE REVIEW REQUIRES AN ACTIVE NETWORK CONNECTION.
Download CORE now, the ultimate desktop reference for musculoskeletal diagnosis.
- Complete makeover of user interface
- Embedded videos (no longer streaming, so this means that you are no longer reliant on an internet connection to watch videos with each test)
- Videos have audio
- Improved Search
- Improved Favorites
- Improved stability and compatibility
Most Helpful Reviews
Great App But Silent - The tests are extensive. Very nice app but I can't give it 5 stars because I am unable to get any sound from the videos. That is a real dissapointment. PLease fix this problem
APPLICATION NEVER OPENED - THE APPLICATION FAILED TO OPEN!
More Reviews for Current Version
CoRE - The application failed to open