Developer: Canoe Software
Current Version: 2.0.0
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 5.1 MB - Download
Easy-to-use tabbed style ebook reader, equipped with library shelf, supports popular ebook formats as PDF, EPUB (DRM free), CHM, MOBI, FB2 and comic books(CBR, CBZ). You can make annotations, insert bookmarks, and do searching freely, and access your notes, bookmarks and book collections across multiple devices.
What's special with Clearview reader?
• Easy and intuitive books management.
Just drag the folders containing e-book files from finder and drop on the Clearview shelf, all the files information will be imported to the library quickly, then you can browse, search and read the books from shelf easily. With book folders and book collections cooperating together, you will find that books organization is such an easy thing.
- Cover flow preview of books.
- Drag and drop from library or finder to construct book collections.
- Capability to edit book meta info and change book cover.
• Tabbed style window make reading smooth and efficient.
With several related books organized in the same window, you do not have to look for and switch between the book windows everywhere. further more, with a shelf tab and book file tabs living in the same window, browsing and reading is so easy.
- Restore multiple closed tabs;
• Powerful searching capabilities.
You can find a book quickly by the file name, content, author, title or publisher.
You can also search in a book for specified texts.
- Sorting search results by page or rank.
• Popular book formats support, PDF, EPUB, CHM, MOBI(azw, azw3), FB2 and CBR(CBZ), with almost the same excellent reading experiences.
- Thumbnails display of book pages.
- Book page color themes (Normal, Sepia, Night time);
- Text fonts adjustment (Size, line height and font family).
- Printing support for all book formats;
• Each of 4 book formats can be presented in four reading layouts. Page flip or continuous scrolling, single page or two columns.
- adjust page margin;
Yes, you can read a EPUB, MOBI or CHM book like a PDF book in a continuous mode, by scrolling pages quickly, you do not have to flip page and a page, and no need to pause to click the next chapter.
• Annotations and bookmarks support on all 4 book formats.
Revisions will be saved in library database automatically, not on the original book files, so "save changes" prompt dialog won't appear in your smooth reading.
- For pdf, you can also choose (with a preference option) to save annotations to the original pdf file, this way make Clearview a compact editor for pdf;
- Line, arrow, rectangle, ellipse, highlight, strike, underline, free text, comments - for PDF annotations;
- Note/Comment, highlight, strike, underline - for EPUB, MOBI, CHM annotations;
- Customizable annotation colors and line width;
- Export PDF with annotations;
- Export notes as RTF file, pdf or print;
- Export/convert epub/mobi/chm book as a pdf book;
• Syncing annotations, bookmarks, book collections and meta informations with iCloud
You can read a book make annotations to it on multiple Macs and sync them with iCloud.
IMPORTANT: No support for DRM protected ebooks! (Such as many of the books sold on iTunes or other book stores)
If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to write to [email protected], we are sincerely happy to listen to, talk to and help you.
If you want to try before buy, please download the trial version at the Canoe Software website.
• Improved UI
• Improved search in shelf
• rename bookmarks
• more color tags
• collection group to organize collections
Most Helpful Reviews
Finally - tabbed PDF reading! - I'd been looking for a tabbed PDF reader, as having a large number of windows open in Preview was becoming a nuisance and interrupting my workflow. I also hated that there was no way to collect related documents - basically, I wanted a web browser (tabs and bookmarks) for PDFs. Pros * Can't emphasize it enough: tabbed PDF viewing is amazing * PDFs can be grouped into named 'reading lists' * Supports bookmarking and annotation * It's extremely easy to browse your reading lists, bookmarks, and annotations * Fast and lightweight Cons/Missing features: * No saved state (not a deal breaker, since reading lists and the 'recent readings' smart list make it easy to resume where you left off) * No way to export or sync reading lists between computers * Search feature needs work - some instances of the search pattern are omitted This app is exactly what I was looking for! As a graduate student with over a thousand PDFs on my computer, Clearview Reader really helps me 1) keep my documents organized, 2) keep track of papers I need to read in the near future, 3) find what I need quickly, and 4) switch between projects without hassle.
waste of money - there can be no other reading software worst than this.it can't even properly open chm format files which is a popular reading format and so many times while reading it's freezing,i dont know what's wrong with this software,it can be better if they update the present version correcting these features.as for now,i can't recommend this software to others for reading their books
More Reviews for Current Version
This app is amazing - The one thing this app can do well that no other app can do so far is keeping the folder structure that you already have for your books on your hard drive. You just drag and drop a book or a collection of books in to it, nothing is imported, nothing is duplicated, your books are not moved they stay exactly where you want them if you already have a file structure, they just become referenced by this app, brilliant. I have a lot of books and i hate to have to import them into ibooks and have them duplicated on my external and internal hardrive, besides, with smaller SSD hard drives I can't even consider having my books on Ibooks, and calibre is good but i have to re-import my books into their system, and I don't want to do that. This app is amazing as it is and has huge potential to grow better and better.
My primary reader app - First, Let me start by saying I have a lot of documents and I am very meticilous about how I store/archive them on my system. This app is one of the few that would read pdf, epub and CHM (as well as other formats). One of the greatest feature of the app is that it doesnt mess with your folders structure. I use Calibre and another app to manage bibliography and citation (bookends), and all I do is drop the root folder of my documents in this app and it will allow me to read, annotate and search through all the folder content. I use collections to make groups of documents for certain projects. I agree with previous review, this app is great and has huge potential and with continous improvements and features it could become a standard app for anyone dealing with large amount of electronic documents.