Clear Day® - Weather HD
Developer: vimov, LLC
Current Version: 3.1.0
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 267.3 MB - Download
Enjoy the most unique and beautiful weather app. Clear Day® is the only weather app that provides animated NOAA radar widget, real-time weather alerts, instant access to weather forecast through the menubar and stunning videos depicting weather conditions.
••• Featured by Apple as app of the week! •••
••• Downloaded more than 300,000 times •••
••• The New York Times: "Clear Day elevates the user, placing her at cloud level for a hushed real-time weather tableau that puts the web's goofy sunshine-rain-cloud icons to shame." - in reviewing Clear Day for the iPad !! •••
• Accurate weather forecast all-around the world supporting more than 2.5 million locations
• Severe weather warnings right from National Weather Service and MeteoAlarm (USA & Europe)
• Get warned of severe conditions even if the app is closed
• Stunning high-definition animations that depict the weather conditions
• Animated NOAA Radar map in the contiguous US, Canada, Australia and Europe
• Animated NOAA Radar map widget*
• Clouds / Satellite weather maps
• Quick menu in the toolbar for quick access to the current weather conditions and alerts
• Detailed moon phases information including sunrise and sunset
• Customizable temperature notifications per city
• On-screen world clock showing every city's local time
• Weather data provided by world-class weather provider The Weather Underground
• iCloud Sync: Sync cities across your devices (iOS/Mac)
• 7-day and 3-hourly forecasts
• Precipitation and Humidity details
• Wind Chill and Heat Index
• Sunrise and Sunset
• Fahrenheit/Celsius and Miles/Kilometers
• "The animations in Clear Day for Mac look simply stunning!" - TUAW
• "Clear Day Will Change the Way You Get Your Forecast on the Mac" - CultofMac
• "Clear Day actually makes me want to check my weather even more often" - The Next Web
• To add a city, click on Preferences, and in the window that pops up, click the "Add New City" button below the list of cities.
• To set a notification, click on Preferences, choose a city and click "Edit" button.
If you have any questions, suggestions or encounter problems, please contact us at [email protected]
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ClearDay. Become a fan on Facebook: www.facebook.com/goClearDay.
* All users are offered free 3-month subscription in premium widget. Premium widget allows you to play radar right in the widget. After the 3-month period is over, you will need to purchase a yearly subscription to play radar in the Notification Center, however it will still display one radar frame.
If you like Clear Day, please leave us a review on the Mac App Store. Your support would greatly help.
Fixes Map and Menu issues.
Most Helpful Reviews
After lots of complaints on this board, the company finally got it right - It’s really back to the app I’ve come to rely on. Great app! Two things to work on: First, it would be nice if the map didn’t open with a deep dive showing only my house. I’d like to set the level of detail—my general area (SF Bay) would be great. I could zoom in or out from there. Second, now that the premium features have been relegated to the preferences (as they should have been from the start), there’s no explanation of what those features are.
Buyers Beware! Greed broke this app. - For several years already I’ve been using this app to track the weather on my desktop. I was able to see the satellite maps on this app without having to pay anything extra on top of what I originally paid for the app. Well, the update to version 3.0 basically took away the priviledge I had to view the Map to track any rain or storm, and now the greedy people who own this app want me to pay extra for using WHAT I HAD BEEN USING BEFORE. I don’t believe this is fair at all and I’m removing this app from my Mac immediately.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great App but wish it would follow my location - Love this app as i can see the temperature outside with a quick glance. I live and work in different cities and I currently leave it set to my work city to pull weather data. I would live it though if the app could automatically detect my location and provide weather information where ever i happen to be without having to switch it manually in settings or adding the other city and still having to click on the menu bar.