Current Version: 1.6.3
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 6.3 MB - Download
«CleanMedia» remove the specific unnecessary, hidden files from the external USB/Firewire drives (must using USB drives enabled explicitly in the preferences) USB Sticks or SD-Cards, if these are to be used with other operating systems. Now with support for notification center. «CleanMedia» recognizes the file system on the media automatically. For the full support of NTFS, you need additional software, otherwise «CleanMedia» can not delete the unnecessary files.
• Show messages in notification center
• Clean following files/folders from external media (USB- Stick, SD-Card, ext. HDD)
• Optional cleaning
• Clean your own files/folders
• You can add unlimited filenames or foldernames names that should also deleted on the cleaning process
• Automatically remove media after cleaning process
• Automatically protection against accidental cleaning of system disk, HFS- and HFS+ disks
• Detection of read-only media
• New menu entry to share a link to this app
• Fixes the problem with crash on OS release lower than 10.7
Most Helpful Reviews
Worked for me - Got rid of pesky . files very quickly on a thumb drive used for music.
More Reviews for Current Version
Simple and effective - One of the best ways to listen to music in my new Chevy is from thumb drives or SD cards. Unfortunately, Mac puts a bunch of ‘hidden’ files on the portable media and the car stereo not only sees them all, but takes a second to examine each one before going to the next song. There was a Terminal solution I found online that worked for thumb drives, but not for SD cards. This simple 99 cent app cleaned them all perfectly. So if you’re in the same boat (car) I am this is the solution you’re looking for.
Perfect for the Car stick - Perfect for ejecting the USB stick I use for music in the car. Deletes all those extra .files. Simple. Cheap. Effective