Current Version: 1.2.3
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 25.1 MB - Download
Classwand is a lesson creation, conducting, collecting, organizing, and recording tool that lets you work in real time with your students' Macs. Features include:
- Send tests, videos, iWork (R) documents, you name it and watch as they open magically on students machines with just one click - whether in a one-to-one session or in a room of 100 Macs.
- Collect their work and have them stored with their name and iSight photo you took of them in a neat portfolio (again with one click).
-Create rich lessons by Importing files of all kinds into your it.
- Record a screencast of your class and then send the recording to them, for them to take home.
- Integrate ARD functions with your lessons and do more complex teaching workflows with your materials in less time! Includes screen locking, projection, opening web sites on computers.
- Amaze your students and your peers (okay, well that's just a byproduct)!
Classwand is a compliment to Apple Remote Desktop®, designed specifically for teaching and learning. It is designed to fit into each part of the instructional process, beginning with lesson design, through to giving the lesson, culminating with document distribution, collection, and grading.
Perform complex actions very simply and quickly, a boon for time limited classroom sessions. It has a lesson library manager where you can add files from your computer into lessons. It also has a portfolio manager used to store retrieved documents by students which you have taught. If you send a file (it can be any file provided there is a viewer for it to open it on the recipient's computer) to a student and he or she saves it, you can retrieve it back and automatically catalog it by name. A thumbnail of the document is available, and can be opened for your review. If you wanted to grade it, for instance, you could do so and then re-distribute it back to the student. You could add that file into a lesson and send it to all of the students to showcase how wonderful that student did, or simply distribute it back to that one computer to return it. Managing actions to perform these tasks is done by the program, so that you can focus on the class itself.
Apple Remote Desktop Administrator is required to use Classwand
Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard is required to use Classwand
Significant update contains enhancements and fixes:
- Detect all available computers automatically now using Bonjour.
- Quick Drop - Quickly drop in your class recording to distribute to your students, graded student work to send back, or any other file from the finder for quick distribution.
- New UI elements gives more flexibility to layout including new thumbnail only view, thumbnail collapse view, and pure table expand.
- Student iSight photos are now now beside collected documents in the portfolio, as well as beside each computer when teaching.
- One click projection and slideshow
- Delete key deletes element from any table.
- Clearer labels for lesson and class dropdowns.
Most Helpful Reviews
Two thumbs up - I used it for the first time in my training today. I love how I can get student work so quickly. It inspired me and my students too (love the iSight camera photo feature). I didn't experience any crashing issues, which was great considering what I read on this board before. Recommended!
On the verge of hating it... - I purchased this thinking it would streamline the presentations but it is useless. It crashes all the time. The support website has NO forum feedback and refused to submit my comments to the site since they were not complimentary. You have to have ARD which even then after I bought that program, you have to have at least 2 computers logged on. AHH.