Claquette - Animated Screenshots
Developer: Thomas Zoechling
Current Version: 1.5.6
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 3.2 MB - Download
"There are plenty of solutions for recording the screen of your Mac, but Claquette stands out" Macworld, Mac Gems Review
Seamlessly record your Mac's screen, microphone and camera. Edit your recordings and share them as Animated GIF/PNG or as movie.
By purchasing the Pro Exporter Pack, you can also integrate Claquette into your Final Cut Pro X workflow.
Create stunning video tutorials or screencasts to reach your online audience in a more personal way. Use short videos to promote and sell your products or create animated GIFs to enhance your blog posts. Animated GIFs are also great for developers and designers to communicate issues in software projects or to create meaningful bug reports.
Additionally, Claquette can be integrated into your professional video editing workflow by purchasing the optional Pro Exporter Pack. This pack contains exporters for Apple’s Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5 and ProRes. The custom lossless recording codec guarantees high quality recordings and vibrant, color perfect exports. Visit our product page to learn more about all features.
• Lossless & color managed screen recording
• Record camera video & microphone input
• Fast, lossless compressor that utilizes all CPU cores
• Built-In player app to preview your recording
• Trim unwanted parts of the recording
• Crop the recording to only show relevant portions
• Camera video layer can be freely positioned
• Create an animated screenshot in Animated GIF or PNG format
• Create a movie file using one of the included presets
• Use sharing services to share your recording via Mail, AirDrop, Flickr or Vimeo
• Send a layered export to Final Cut Pro X or Motion 5 (available via In-App Purchase)
Supported Export Formats
• Animated GIF
• Animated PNG
• 480p (H.264 SD)
• 720p (H.264 HD)
• 1080p (H.264 HD)
• 2160p (H.264 UHD)
• iPod (H.264)
• Apple TV (H.264)
• ProRes (available via In-App Purchase)
• Final Cut Pro X (available via In-App Purchase)
• Motion 5 (available via In-App Purchase)
The Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5 and ProRes exporters are available via In-App Purchase.
To directly open & edit exported Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5 projects, those applications have to be installed on your Mac.
• Fixes an application hang during Final Cut Pro X exports
• Fixes an application hang during Motion 5 exports
• Fixes a bug where crop rectangles where applied with a wrong offset
• Fixes wrong export duration display in the Animated GIF/PNG export sheets
• Improves file size estimation in the Animated GIF/PNG export sheets
Most Helpful Reviews
Easy to use and great export quality - I discovered this app while searching for an easy way to record animated GIFs. The editing tools are simple but work as advertised. You can basically just trim and crop. Export quality is really great (especially for GIFs which usually look a bit bland). The app also supports mic and cam recording which work great when doing “normal” (non-GIF) screencasts. Couldn’t find a way to record computer audio though.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great App - Needs Video Import Function - I’ve found this app to be a great tool for exporting really nice animated gifs of screen recordings. It is easy to use and the most receit version works very reliably. I’ve written reviews prior to this, with suggestions, and the dev team have been listening and have implemented a couple of the suggestions, which is wonderful. One thing I wish the app could do is provide a way to import a video. Currently, you have to record the video with the app to be able to get an animated gif. If you could import videos, that would be a huge feature. Imaging importing iPhone screen recordings and using Claquette to export the animated gifs? That would be a greaet feature.