Civil War: Gettysburg
Developer: Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
Current Version: 1.5
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 300 MB - Download
The Battle of Gettysburg was fought from 1st to 3rd July 1863, in Pennsylvania. The battle resulted the largest number of casualties in any battle of the entire war, and was the turning point of the American Civil War. Over three days General George Meade's Army of the Potomac defeated the Confederate army of General Robert E. Lee's, ending Confederate attempts to invade the North.
The first day ended with the Confederates in control of the town of Gettysburg but they had failed to push on to take the high ground. Day two was a day of a series of actions at both ends of the battlefield at Culp's Hill and Little Round Top. Day three ended with the disaster of Pickett's Charge.
The game also covers other of smaller engagements in the run up to the greatest battle of the war.
Key Game Features:
- Historically accurate game play.
- Three day ‘battle’ game.
- ‘Twilight’ scenario covering the key actions from the 2nd and 3rd day of the battle.
- Three massive one-day scenarios for each of the three days.
- Six scenarios covering the battles of:
- Thoroughfare Gap
- Furr Farm
- Goose Creek
- Ewell's Chapel
- Marsh Cree
- Little Round Top
- Accurate Civil War Units;
- 8 different types of artillery.
- 5 different types of cavalry (mounted & dismounted).
- 3 different types of infantry.
- Four categories of unit quality.
- Four categories of generals.
- Different types of formations.
- Detailed combat analysis.
- In-depth reference charts.
- Advanced tactical features including:
- Day and Night.
- Map zoom.
- Strategic movement.
- Flank attacks.
- Hours of Gameplay.
- iCloud Saves (also compatible with the iPad version of the game).
Find us on Facebook - facebook.com/huntedcow
Follow us on Twitter - @HuntedCow
Game Forum - forums.huntedcow.com/hexwar
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
© 2014 HexWar Ltd.
All Rights Reserved.
Update the App Icon and screenshots.
Most Helpful Reviews
the best Civil War games - Hex War has created the best Civil War games available to play. They are historically accruate and easy to play. This is the best Gettysburg game out there. My only problem is that I wish they would add more battles/campaigns to their 1862-1864 games and they now need to have a 1865 one. Awesome game.