Civil War: 1865
Developer: HexWar Games Ltd
Current Version: 1.2
Last Updated: 27 days ago
Download Size: 456.2 MB - Download
After Columbia and Charleston, South Carolina, fell to the Union, in early 1865, Jefferson Davis belatedly handed over the supreme command or the army to General Lee. This could not stop the Union armies pressing on through North Carolina, capturing Fayetteville, Bentonville, Goldsboro and Raleigh by mid-April.
Exhausted by the Union siege of Petersburg and Richmond, Lee's forces made a last attempt at resistance, attacking and capturing Fort Stedman on March 25. A rapid counterattack reversed the victory, however, and on the night of April 2nd the Confederate army finally evacuated Richmond. For most of the next week, the Union army pursued the Confederates along the Appomattox River, exhausting any chance of escape. Grant accepted Lee's surrender at Appomattox Court House on April 9th. Sherman accepted Johnston's surrender at Durham Station, North Carolina on April 26th, finally ending the American Civil War, and to slavery in the United States of America.
● 7 Mission Tutorial Campaign
● 5 Mission Twilight Campaign, including the battles of;
- Fort Fisher
- Monroe's Crossroads
- Fort Stedman
● 5 Mission Dissolution Campaign, including the battles of;
- Lewis Farm
- White Oak Road
- Sutherland Station
- Namozine Church
● 1 optional hypothetical mission based on a break-out from Richmond!
● Play all but the tutorial missions as either Union or Confederate.
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Smoothbore Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Changeable unit formations and tactics.
● Generals can attach to units to increase morale.
● More capable Veteran units and unreliable raw units.
● 3 difficulty settings.
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Map Zoom .
● Strategic Movement.
● Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad)!
● Hours of Gameplay!
Find us on Facebook - facebook.com/HexWar
Follow us on Twitter - @HexWarGames
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2016 HexWar Games Ltd.
Fixed issues in the following missions:
- Namozine Church
Most Helpful Reviews
Very fun to play - As a recent Civil War “buff”, I’ve had a lot of fun with the Hex War Civil War games. The strategy is simple without being boring. There are frontal charges, flank attacks, long range…and each with their own benifits and draw backs. Terrain plays a part whether beneficial or not, and each unit type has it’s own positives and negatives. All of these little things combined make for a good, solid game. I’m not a huge fan of “scenario” strategy games, but I tend to like to build my own custom mission editor…etc, which you cannot do here. I hope one day HexWar will make something like that. However, being the Civil War they actually are based on real scenarios in history, so it doesn’t bother me too much. The sound effects and music used are simple, yet aptly appropriate. Overall a very good bargain.