Developer: Joshua Liddle
Current Version: 1.2.5
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 67.1 MB - Download
"This is a wonderfully immersive game that becomes addictive right from the start." --Apppicker.com
"(City Sandbox) is extremely in depth and a lot of fun." --Teksocial.com
"A cute casual city builder ... I can recommend it without a doubt." --gdss.it
*PRIZE WINNER IN YOYOGAMES WINBIG COMPETITION, AUGUST 2013*
Construct your own towns and cities in this creative 2D building game! City Sandbox lets you develop awesome 2D societies, building-by-building, in any way you like!
Will you make a prosperous, modern city? Will you create a bizarre, playful world where people live in fish tanks? Perhaps you'd prefer to build a hobo village? Nothing is stopping you!
- Individually place and construct over 120+ structures and decorations for ultra customised city designs
- Experience disasters: earthquake, meteorite, riot, train derailment. Can you recover your city from the brink of collapse?
- Toy with bizarre novelty tools; why not drive a bathtub over the city, or inflate pedestrians into the sky?
- Classic mode adds the challenge of balancing 6 key elements: power, water, population, peace, mood and technology.
- Experience scenarios based on your city's rating, such as civil unrest.
- Sandbox mode lets creative and / or lazy types build without burden.
- Locally save and load up to three worlds for later play.
- Features three voiced tutorials to let you learn the basic game concept at a snap!
Please refer to the support link for the game manual.
REQUIREMENTS: City Sandbox is recommended to be played on Mac OS X 10.7 or later on a MacBook or iMac purchased from 2010 onwards for best performance. City Sandbox requires a resolution of 1366x768 or higher.
This is an important update that changes up some behind-the-scenes stuff. It will reset old saves, so be warned.
- Changes to the world including hot air balloons
- Redesigned main menu interface
- Widescreen across all desktop versions
- New 'McGee the Monster' novelty disaster unleashes a beast upon your city
- It is now easier to make cart track, as the cart stations won't stop if one crashes
- The default Townlandia save has been remade to demonstrate the cart system
- Improved game performance and memory usage (thats good!)
- A number of bugs fixed that improve stability and stop crashes (make sure you meet the requirements for this app on the store page)
- Panning left and right is faster to accomodate for larger map
Most Helpful Reviews
Fun. - This game is really fun and the buildings are cool i just wish there was more disasters and that you can set up the magnitude of the quake and also when there is a quake make it also have a tsunami effect on the water. More buildings plz!!!
Game doesn't run properly. - Tried this game on my macbook pro, meets requirements. First, the game kept locking up when I wanted the post-apocalyptic world, and I had to force quit. Then, when I tried to play any other way, it locked up so hard that I had to simply power down my computer. When I tried to visit Cardboard Lemons support site, it said to submit a form for assistance, but there was no form on the page, even though I viewed it with my computer, iPad, and iphone…….what a waste of money.