Cinema for Hulu - TV & Movies
Developer: Mach Software Design
Current Version: 1.0.7
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 5.2 MB - Download
Introducing Cinema for Hulu: The ultimate third-party Hulu desktop client. Cinema for Hulu allows you to view Hulu Videos without the need for a web browser in a HTML 5 compliant video player -- Simply open the app, login, and you're good to go. As well as viewing Hulu videos without a web browser, Cinema for Hulu provides a unified and integrated experience: Controls seamlessly fade in and out, Control the application right from the Menubar, and even closing the Window will send Video right to the Menubar so you can enjoy Hulu Videos straight from your Menubar!
Cinema for Hulu lets you Float the Video above all other Windows (so you'll never miss a moment), and you can set the Transparency to give an experience far superior to a Web browser. Cinema for Hulu also features Instant Search right in the toolbar where you can search for TV Shows, Movies, Actors/Actresses, Genres, and more! With all these features, and offering a sleek interface and modern foundation, Cinema for Hulu fits like a glove for macOS and offers not just the best video viewing experience for macOS, but on any platform!
Super Cool Features
- Enjoy Hulu without the need for a web browser
- Move Mouse over window to fade titlebar/controls in, move Mouse outside window to make them fade out
- HTML 5 Video Player; No Flash required
- Includes Touch Bar support; scrub, skip, and view time on video from the Touch Bar
- Instant Search right in the Toolbar; Search by TV Show, Movie, Actor/Actress, or Genre
- Float Above all Windows Option so your favorite TV show or movie will always stay above other windows
- Transparency Option so you can always see what's underneath
- Close Window to Send Video right to Menubar (Click on Menubar Item to open/close the Video Popover, Click the Video Player to restore the Video to original size)
- Browse TV Shows and Movie Genres right from the Menubar
- Full Screen/Split-Screen supported
- Convenient Back/Forward/Refresh buttons
- Super Easy to Use
*Hulu Subscription is required
*Cinema for Hulu is a third party application and is not in any way endorsed, affiliated, or promoted by Hulu Inc.
- Fixes an issue with the Lower-Right Full Screen button not functioning properly (The Green button always made the video full screen previously)
- Fixes an issue with Watch List not loading properly
- Fixed various other bugs throughout the application
Most Helpful Reviews
Finally, a native Hulu app! - Most of the Hulu apps on the app store are chinese made and this one is one of the few that isn’t, and unlike the others this one actually WORKS. I can also resize the video player to any size that I want (unlike the Hulu website). Works as expected, highly recommended!
Don’t purchase - I purchased this app and tried to use it and it wouldn’t let me do anything…it kept floating around my mac and I was chasing the thing trying to get on. It wouldn’t allow me to do ANYTHING! Very disappointed in this app. 10.00 down the drain. UGH!!!!! If I could give it a negative rating..I WOULD!
More Reviews for Current Version
Ok but lacks profile support - at its core does what it its intended for in playing Hulu in a app environment but lacks support for profiles so in a family setting with multiple users, you can only log onto the main subscriber’s profile. For me personally, this became a deal breaker. Hoping for support in the future.