Developer: Code Maker Inc.
Current Version: 1.3
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 5.8 MB - Download
ChemPencil is a powerful and easy to use Mac App for drawing organic molecules.
ChemPencil tools and features include:
• Draw bonds and molecules in ACS standardized style.
• Label heteroatoms directly in the drawing without losing sight of your document.
• Add common abbreviations to atom’s labels.
• Heteroatom’s labels rearrange conveniently when rotating the molecule.
• Represent bond stereochemistry with hashed and bold bond type.
• Ring building tools to draw aromatic and aliphatic rings.
• Add text to the document for example for naming a molecules or naming a reaction scheme.
• Export or email your document as a PDF.
• Select and copy molecules in ChemPencil and paste them directly in your Keynote document.
• Calculation and plot of isotopic distribution graph.
- Grid and rulers.
- Customize elements fonts and colors.
- Several bug fixes and improvements.
Most Helpful Reviews
More Tools - This program, need more tools, 1- simple eraser. 2- doble bond. 3. easy change structure color….
More Reviews for Current Version
Very basic program - I could draw structures after getting the hang of it. It is like an old version of Chem Draw once you get used to it, but it doesn’t have all of the features of the old Chem Draw (early 1990’s version) and is a much more cumbersome. For a double bond, draw a single bond then click on an existing single bond (click more to adjust appearance of double bond). The erasor is the X. I couldn’t find an arrow to include in a RXN scheme, and when I copy and paste into Keynote, the structure is pasted without ANY of the atom labels (for example, the N for nitrogen is missing from the structure). Keep working on it.
TERRIBLE! - When you try to add text, the app freezes and then has to be closed. It’s super slow. Rip off.
Do NOT waste your money!!!! HORRIBLE! - This application is the most hard to figure out. Nothing works. It’s a piece of crap. This application must have took the designers 20min to build and they just want ur $$!!
This app is a waste of time - You really don't get any structure to be drawn correctly. I wasted my time using this app.