Developer: Splasm Software, Inc.
Current Version: 2.5.15
Last Updated: 5 months ago
Download Size: 23 MB - Download
"Where does all my money go?" A paper check register can't categorize your transactions or report cash flow over time, and it'll never balance itself. Other finance apps are like medieval torture devices, so full of features you don't need that they're actually painful to use. What you really need is a friendly personal finance tool that gets the basics just right and keeps things simple. That's where we come in. Introducing CheckBook 2, your powerfully simple personal finance manager.
Precisely manage your finances
• Find transactions with simple searches or dozens of powerful search criteria
• Reconcile your accounts to the penny
• Schedule transactions that repeat periodically, like monthly bills and paychecks
• Track cash flow over time with customizable reports so you can see where your money came from and where it’s going
Import from other personal finance apps or your bank
• Strong support for OFX, QFX, QIF, CSV and Text
• Import from Quicken® Essentials for Mac
Share and sync your data
• Sync with other users on a local network
• Sync with iCloud
• Manage accounts in multiple currencies
• Transfer funds between accounts without creating two transactions (check out the built-in help or contact us for help)
Learn more about CheckBook
• Download & print CheckBook's built-in help: http://www.splasm.com/checkbook
• Watch video tutorials of CheckBook: http://www.splasm.com/videos
• Share with other CheckBook users in our forums: http://www.splasm.com/forum
Send questions about CheckBook to [email protected] We're happy to help!
• Copy & paste Entries and Schedules. You can even paste to applications like TextEdit, Numbers, and Excel.
• Properly remembers the way you’ve set up the columns in the Schedule section
• Prevents a crash that could happen when switching documents
• Updated application and document icons for better compatibility with macOS 10.12 Sierra
• Resolves a situation where some Account balances wouldn’t update right after Scheduled Entries were committed
• Corrects an issue where some fonts might condense so much that characters overlap. Cough. Geneva.
• Improved support for importing reconciled transactions
• A few user interface tweaks and performance enhancements
Most Helpful Reviews
I like it so much that I bought the App Store version too. - The title says it all. I have been using CheckBook for years. It was a no-brainer to purchase the App Store version. Now I have the same great program that I have been using combined with the ease of installing and updating via the Mac App Store. The standard version is fine for me. CheckBook is a very convenient way to keep track of my bank account and credit card activity. The dedicated password-protected app is much better than me trying to create my own method with a text file or spreadsheet. I also appreciate being able to export my info in order to archive it outside of CheckBook.
Not Good - Where to begin? I have had this app for awhile. It is awful slow to open, to tab through an entry, to do anything. It is just slow like it is hanging up or something. Then one day it decided that it had to create a new account. Unsure of what it was doing I hit "ok". It wiped all my data out all my accounts information was lost. The appp does not backup automatically like I thought it did so the info is gone forever. Nice one there. Oh and it's most annoying character? It speaks the amount you enter as you enter it. Nothing else just the amount. Then if you leave it alone it proceeds to read aloud the entry you just made. There is no option to turn it off either. You have to mute the computer. Totally stinks for even the most basic functions, there is no synching to the IPhone or IPad….only on the Mac. I am shopping for a better app that works. Don't waste your money on this like I did.
More Reviews for Current Version
Love Checkbook - I moved from Win7 and Quicken to Mac and needed a checkbook app. i wasn’t about to spend $50-70 for Quicken especially after the reviews I read. So i tried several apps and I find Checkbook works very well. I’m not interested in my net worth or how my funds are doing. I have sources for that. I just want to be able to track my checking account balance and balance it. Checkbook works
Indispensable Tool For Mac Users - I love this app! I used to use Microsoft Money when I had a windows computer but had to switch to CheckBook when I got into Macs. I didn’t expect too much from it since it was priced so reasonably but I have been pleasantly surprised! You can’t go wrong for the money!
sigbomb24 - Excellent software. Very easy to use.
Checkbook - I recently upgraded to Sierra and wasn’t able to migrate my checkbook without another costly investment in Quicken. I read the reviews and was not impressed with what I read about the latest version of Quicken. Since I already felt recent versions of Quicken had gotten much to complicated, I decided to try Checkbook. I’m glad I did, it works well and in some cases fixes issues that Quicken needed to make. It’s not perfect, but it does what I need it to do and eliminates my need to play the subscription game.
Checkbook - Great replacement for Quicken Better and simpler then Quicken. Some things could be better, have monthly check regesters. $ entry amount. I have been using Quicken since 2004. Now there is a whole of stuff in it that I don’t need. I have been using an older version that is not supported and unstable.