Developer: Splasm Software, Inc.
Current Version: 2.6.4
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 28.7 MB - Download
"Where does all my money go?" A paper check register can't categorize your transactions or report cash flow over time, and it'll never balance itself. Other finance apps are like medieval torture devices, so full of features you don't need that they're actually painful to use. What you really need is a friendly personal finance tool that gets the basics just right and keeps things simple. That's where we come in. Introducing CheckBook 2, your powerfully simple personal finance manager.
Precisely manage your finances
• Find transactions with simple searches or dozens of powerful search criteria
• Reconcile your accounts to the penny
• Schedule transactions that repeat periodically, like monthly bills and paychecks
• Track cash flow over time with customizable reports so you can see where your money came from and where it’s going
Import from other personal finance apps or your bank
• Strong support for OFX, QFX, QIF, CSV and Text
• Import from Quicken® Essentials for Mac
Share and sync your data
• Sync with other users on a local network
• Sync with iCloud
• Manage accounts in multiple currencies
• Transfer funds between accounts without creating two transactions (check out the built-in help or contact us for help)
Learn more about CheckBook
• Download & print CheckBook's built-in help: http://www.splasm.com/checkbook
• Watch video tutorials of CheckBook: http://www.splasm.com/videos
• Share with other CheckBook users in our forums: http://www.splasm.com/forum
Send questions about CheckBook to [email protected]lasm.com. We're happy to help!
• Nixes a potential issue where CheckBook might not save changes to an Account’s Currency.
• Prevents a hang that can occur when CheckBook automatically saves your work or when you close your document while another process tries to access it.
• Includes some minor user interface fixes.
Most Helpful Reviews
I like it so much that I bought the App Store version too. - The title says it all. I have been using CheckBook for years. It was a no-brainer to purchase the App Store version. Now I have the same great program that I have been using combined with the ease of installing and updating via the Mac App Store. The standard version is fine for me. CheckBook is a very convenient way to keep track of my bank account and credit card activity. The dedicated password-protected app is much better than me trying to create my own method with a text file or spreadsheet. I also appreciate being able to export my info in order to archive it outside of CheckBook.
Not Good - Where to begin? I have had this app for awhile. It is awful slow to open, to tab through an entry, to do anything. It is just slow like it is hanging up or something. Then one day it decided that it had to create a new account. Unsure of what it was doing I hit "ok". It wiped all my data out all my accounts information was lost. The appp does not backup automatically like I thought it did so the info is gone forever. Nice one there. Oh and it's most annoying character? It speaks the amount you enter as you enter it. Nothing else just the amount. Then if you leave it alone it proceeds to read aloud the entry you just made. There is no option to turn it off either. You have to mute the computer. Totally stinks for even the most basic functions, there is no synching to the IPhone or IPad….only on the Mac. I am shopping for a better app that works. Don't waste your money on this like I did.
More Reviews for Current Version
Good replacement for Quicken - I was looking for a replacement for Quicken Basic that no longer works on my updated Mac. I took a chance on CheckBook at was very pleased with it’s features and it had everything I needed for a basic checkbook register. The only issue I am having is that the reconciliation part is hard to understand. I am pretty sure I’ll figure it out, but it is more difficult than Quicken Basic when you want to reconcile for a period of time. Otherwise, I’m very pleased. Would recommend to anyone who wants a simple way to handle Checking, Savings, and other basic accounts. Oh, one last thing. The customer support is wonderful. If you have a question about this product, they will get back to you quickly. Five Stars for that!!!
Solid, no-frills checkbook app - I’ve been using this app for 3+ years. Nothing very fancy about it, but it works very well, and I’ve never been tempted to get another app.
Good Check Register - I have used Quicken for years, but they continue to require upgrades and cost more each year. This app provides everything I need to keep my check register up to date. Since I use a Mac, I was looking for a program that I could use with that. This has worked just fine and gives me a good view of all my recent transactions on one screen.
Questoin for Developer - I just recently purhased this and started using, the only thing that I wish was different was the way you have to add your entry, I HATE THAT YOU have to click on the box to add, I wish you could just type onto the line like a spreadsheet would work. Please consider making this an option, it would save so much time, and make things so much easier.
Love it! - Simple to use. I now actually balance my checkbook!