Developer: Splasm Software, Inc.
Current Version: 2.5.15
Last Updated: 10 days ago
Download Size: 23.2 MB - Download
••• May Days Sale! • Save 20% for a limited time! • Get ready for fun in the sun! •••
More than a basic check register and reporting tool, CheckBook Pro features everything in CheckBook, our powerfully simple personal finance manager, and then some. Get a report for all of your accounts at once. Search for transactions with any combination of criteria. Group your transactions into folders. Change the details of a group of transactions in a single stroke. CheckBook Pro's simply powerful data management tools make it all just plain easy.
Precisely manage your finances
• Find transactions with simple searches or dozens of powerful search criteria
• Reconcile your accounts to the penny
• Schedule transactions that repeat periodically, like monthly bills and paychecks
• Track cash flow over time with customizable reports so you can see where your money came from and where it’s going
• Save complex searches as Smart Folders, so you can search again and again
• Group your transactions into Folders, to tidy up or begin a new year
• Quickly change the details for a group of transactions, instead of one at a time
• Report on all your accounts at the same time
• See pending scheduled transactions for all your accounts with a single reminder
Import from other personal finance apps or your bank
• Strong support for OFX, QFX, QIF, CSV and Text
• Import from Quicken® Essentials for Mac
Share and sync your data
• Sync with other users on a local network
• Sync with iCloud
• Manage accounts in multiple currencies
• Transfer funds between accounts without creating two transactions (check out the built-in help or contact us for help)
Learn more about CheckBook Pro
• Download & print CheckBook Pro's built-in help: http://www.splasm.com/checkbookpro
• Watch video tutorials of CheckBook Pro: http://www.splasm.com/videos
• Share with other CheckBook Pro users in our forums: http://www.splasm.com/forum
Send questions about CheckBook Pro to [email protected] We're happy to help!
• Drag & drop or copy & paste Entries and Schedules, whichever you prefer. You can even drag to or paste in applications like TextEdit, Numbers, and Excel.
• Properly remembers the way you’ve set up the columns in the Schedule section
• Prevents a crash that could happen when switching documents
• Updated application and document icons for better compatibility with macOS 10.12 Sierra
• Resolves a situation where some Account balances wouldn’t update right after Scheduled Entries were committed
• Corrects an issue where some fonts might condense so much that characters overlap. A lot. Cough. Geneva.
• Improved support for importing reconciled transactions
• A few user interface tweaks and performance enhancements
Most Helpful Reviews
Finally found what I was looking for! - After years of struggling with Quicken for Mac, which more and more WASN”T for Mac, I finally found CheckbookPro. There was a very shallow learning curve, mainly just adjusting to the ‘different from Quicken’ layout, but after a few days of using it I find it intuitive and very responsive. I love the reconcile feature, which on Quicken I hadn’t used for years because it didn’t reconcile. I love the schedule feature, which helps me remember upcoming charges to my checking account. I especially love the customer service. I had a minor issue with changing from the Checkbook trial to the purchased CheckbookPro app. An email to support got a very quick response with easy to follow instructions which allowed me to resolve the issue. Highly recommend if you are looking for a basic checkbook function to replace Quicken or other non-Mac-native app. Very basic, and very easy to use.
disappointed… but great customer service - I wanted a simple app that would keep track of my bills and income. We have two checking accounts and pay bills from both accounts and a particular bill can be paid from one account this month and another account next month. There is no way to make these bills available to be paid from either account. Bills can only be entered under one account. I contacted the makers of checkbook pro under the support link and they were very quick to answer my question and even suggested I ask for a refund from Apple. Apple also responded quickly to my request and I was refunded.
More Reviews for Current Version
So Long Quicken! - I got so tired of Quicken which we have been using for years, mostly due their continual ads and trying to sell you something more. I never found their improvements helpful either just costly all I use it for is my checkbook and savings. I was so glad to find Check Book Pro (CBP) and find that it was much less expensive. I’m not a real knowledgeable computer guy just learning enough to what needs to be done. The transition from Quicken was kinda like when I first switched from microsoft to MAC, only not as bad. Thankfully CBP support was there and like with Apple Support they actually did. I just needed to get used to the terminology they used to perform the functions I needed done. It only took me 3 or 4 communications and I was happy with my purchase. There are some functions I miss from Quicken that CBP doesn’t do or I just haven’t figured out how to yet, but most importantly its working. I can keep an eye on my accounts and download transactions and edit them as needed. I would definatly recommend this App to others.
Simple to use - I previoiusly used quicken for Mac just to track my checking account. I was looking for something that woudl do the same thing, but less expensive since I just wanted basic functionality. Checkbook pro was just the thing. Easy to use. The only thing I don’t like is that you cannot print just the outstanding transactions. It will print your register, but it prints both cleared and uncleared items.
Great Company/Great Program - I initially bought CheckBook Pro when I installed a newer version of Quicken (which I had used for years) and it proved totally worthless and refused to accept half of my info from my previous version leaving me stuck without anything useable at tax time last year. Now, however, I am very happy that happened because I found this program. It’s so easy to input data and find things, but my favorite part so far is the great help I’ve gotten from the people who answer those emails I send asking how to do this or that. They are always prompt and friendly and they actually answer my question unlike so many companies who have people who don’t really read the emails, but just look for a few key words and end up answering some question that has nothing to do with what was acually asked. I highly recommend this program to anyone who needs a simple program to keep their checkbook up to date and balanced.
Tax Girl - I use this app as a way of organizing my finances for tax purposes. It works very well for that because you can customize your reports for different categories. The only thing I would change is that you need to click entry everytime you want to make an entry. I wish that the program would automatically default to entry once you complete an entry.
User Friendly - I had to switch over after using QB for years. I lost all my account information and had to find a new program and start over. I came across CheckBook Pro and decided to give it a try. I like that this program is very user friendly and easy to learn. I would like it a little more if the debits and credits were in seperate columns instead of red/green (small detail) I haven’t used it very long so I’m still learning about it and it seems to be easy getting help or figuring things out on my own. I always hated trying to get help from QB because they would charge you to answer questions. So far this has been worth the $20.