Developer: Glare Technologies
Current Version: 1.5.5
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 9.9 MB - Download
Chaotica is a next-generation fractal art creation environment, designed for both novices and experienced professionals.
Novice users can enjoy editing the included examples and randomly generated fractals to easily produce gorgeous, customised desktop wallpapers, perfect for HD displays.
Professional users can produce stunningly detailed print renders effortlessly thanks to the modern, high-powered rendering engine.
Chaotica Free is limited to 1.23 megapixel still images (e.g. 1280x960) and up to 30 second 480p animations, while Chaotica HD can generate high definition wallpapers up to 4 megapixels (e.g. 2560x1600) and amazing 720p animations up to 3 minutes long. Chaotica Studio has no limits whatsoever!
● Easily generate an enormous variety of stunning random fractals.
● Powerful built-in editor for ultimate control and artistic expression.
● Keyframe animation support to easily create amazing motion-blurred videos.
● Apophysis / Flam3 compatibility - Turbocharge your existing flames!
● Unrivaled image quality - Gorgeous images out of the box!
● Modern rendering engine - No special hardware required, leaves other renderers in the dust.
● Real-time imaging controls - Tweak your render to perfection without losing time.
What is fractal art?
Fractal art is a digital art medium with a very rich creative space.
Though it's based on mathematics, Chaotica's user interface abstracts much of it away to provide an expressive artistic process.
* Updates for Mac App Store
* Improved threading, should fix any hangs and improve CPU utilisation during animation playback
* Parameter browser window remembers its size and position
* Added confirmation dialog when closing while rendering
* Added mirror_x and mirror_y transforms
* Added crackle transform by slobo777 (works differently, slower than plugin for large cell sizes, faster for smaller)
* Weights and shader randomisation now works with animation, i.e. you can randomise at different times and it will interpolate
* Fixed param browser to use current animation time
* Iterator weights, shader parameters, camera transform parameters and Apophysis DLL plugin parameters can now be animated
* Per-iterator time scaling, to adjust the amount of motion blur over time
* World editor shows keyframes and tangents
* Faster and more accurate interpolation
* Added play button for animation preview at a target FPS
* Added new empty world menu item, updated help menu links to tutorials and forum
* Added collideoscope transform by Michael Faber
* Added no_edge parameter to crop and cropn, to eliminate the "bright dot" from Apophysis limitations
* Removed undo depth limit
* Updated examples
* New flam3_transforms don't contain a linear transform
* New worlds no longer inherit previous camera settings