Cars 2: The Video Game
Inspired by the hit Disney•Pixar animated film, Cars 2: The Video Game lets players jump into the Cars 2 universe with some of their favorite Cars personalities in exotic locations around the globe. Continuing the storyline from the hit film, players can choose to play as Mater and Lightning McQueen, as well as some brand new characters, as they train in the international training center - CHROME (Command Headquarters for Recon Operations and Motorized Espionage) to become world-class spies. They’ll take on dangerous missions, compete to become the fastest racecar in the world, or use their spy skills in exciting, action-packed combat racing and battle arenas. Players can race against friends and family in either single or multiplayer modes with up to four players to unlock challenging new tracks, characters, events and thrilling spy missions.
* Cars 2: The Video Game introduces the international training center - CHROME (Command Headquarters for Recon Operations and Motorized Espionage) that expands upon the film storyline
* Choose from more than 20 different characters, such as Mater, Lightning McQueen and the newly introduced Finn McMissile and Holley Shiftwell, and train to become world-class spies
* Participate in simulated hazardous missions using high-tech gadgets to evade and impede adversaries
* Perform maneuvers only Cars characters can do, such as backwards driving, air tricks, sidestepping to avoid obstacles, two wheel driving and more
* Connect with World of Cars Online, a free-to-play browser-based virtual world based on the Cars universe, to gain rewards in the video game and then use them to unlock new items in the virtual world.
Mac: Mac® OS X 10.6.7 Snow Leopard or higher
Processor: Intel® Core Duo Processor
This game will not run on PowerPC® (G3/G4/G5) based Mac® systems (PowerMac®)
RAM: 2GB RAM
Hard Drive: 2.55GB of uncompressed hard drive space
Graphics: ATI Radeon™ X1600 or NVIDIA® GeForce® 7300 GT or Intel® HD 3000 (Intel® GMA 950 and x3100 not supported) with at least 128 MB of video RAM
Input: Keyboard and mouse
Languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch
- Stability fix for newest Mac Pro
Most Helpful Reviews
A great follow up to the first Cars game - My son and I loved the first Cars game and had hoped they would make a version of Cars 2 for the desktop PC. We had no problem downloading with a cable broadband connection to our iMac that is about three years old. (Make sure you have Mac OS 10.6.7 or later.) My son has been playing the heck out of it for a week now with no troubles at all. The races are wild with all sorts of landscapes from both Cars movies--except this time you prove your superspy skills and earn new technologies (i.e., weapons and defenses) to take out your competition in races. No one gets killed. They just spin around in cool explosions and lose positions in the race. Sort like a high-tech/futuristic version of Mater's Rustbucket Race-O-Rama from the first game. You can drive all the cars from the movies. I love being able to drive Jeff Gorvette.
NOT WORKING ON MY MINI MAC WITH MOUNTAIN LION - game gets stuck when loading
More Reviews for Current Version
Crashes Too Often!!!!! - I bought this game for my son who seemed to enjoy it until it CRASHED every time he played. We have to restart the whole computer every time it happens. It has become quite annoying to be honest. Needs to be fixed, ASAP!!!!
Waste of money - After installing the game it took over 5 min. to load the first mission.Thought that was a little long so when loading the second mission I timed it, 6:37 to load that one. Then after the secong mission my comptuter froze! Upon restarting my computer it imediatly brought the game back up and made me sit through the hole preview before I could exit to the home screen. Don’t waste your money!