Borderlands Game Of The Year
Developer: Feral Interactive Ltd
Current Version: 1.0.3
Last Updated: 6 months ago
Download Size: 9.5 GB - Download
Bloodthirsty bandits. Vicious monsters. Tons of loot. Lock, load and face the madness.
Please check the system requirements below before you buy.
Gearbox Software’s acclaimed sci-fi hit comes to the Mac, complete with all four Add-On packs. Borderlands Game of the Year Edition is a unique hybrid of first person shooter and role-playing game with a super sharp visual style and a compelling four player co-op mode.
Planet Pandora is a sparsely populated wasteland where the rule of law gets rewritten daily in the smoke of the last gun battle. Civilization consists of small outposts on the fringe of human influence, in an area called the Borderlands. Pandora’s one claim to fame is a mythical Vault supposedly packed with fantastic riches.
• Unique hybrid role playing shooter that combines frantic first-person shooting action with accessible role-playing character progression.
• Super sharp graphics style gives Borderlands a unique comic book come-to-life look.
• Co-op Frenzy – drop in and out with up to 4 player co-operative for a maniacal multiplayer experience.
• Huge single-player game with four playable characters and serious replayability.
• Includes all four Add-On packs – The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, and Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution.
• Supports PS3 gamepads connected using Bluetooth®.
Important information regarding Borderlands Game of the Year Edition:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at [email protected]
• Borderlands Game of the Year Edition does not support the following graphics cards: ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
• In order to run the game with satisfactory performance, your Mac must meet these minimum system requirements: 1.4GHz CPU / 1GB RAM / 128MB Graphics Card (not Intel GMA, ATI X1xxx series, or NVIDIA 7xxx series). On older systems you may need to lower the graphical detail to ensure the game runs smoothly.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• Due to a graphics card driver issue, Intel HD 5000 and Iris graphics cards are not supported in OS X El Capitan.
© 2010 Gearbox Software, LLC. Published and distributed by 2K Games under license from Gearbox Software, LLC. Borderlands and the Borderlands logo are trademarks of Gearbox Software and used under license. 2K Games and the 2K Games logo are trademarks of 2K Games in the U.S. and/or other countries. Gearbox Software and the Gearbox logo are registered trademarks of Gearbox Software, LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries. Uses Scaleform GFX © 2010 Scaleform Corporation. Scaleform GFX is a registered trademark of the Scaleform Corporation. Unreal® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998-2010, Epic Games, Inc. Uses FMOD Ex Sound System © 2010 Firelight Technologies. All rights reserved. FMOD Ex Sound System is a registered trademark of Firelight Technologies. All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are being used under license. All rights reserved. The content of this videogame is purely fictional, and is not intended to represent or depict any actual event, person, or entity. Any similarity between any depiction in this game and any actual event, person or entity is purely coincidental. The makers and publishers of this videogame do not in any way endorse, condone or encourage engaging in any conduct depicted in this videogame. The ratings icon is a trademark of the Entertainment Software Association. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
Fixes an issue with the add-on data that occurred in the 1.0.2 update:
• Adds support for additional game controllers.
• Improves performance on HD3000 graphics card.
• Adds zoom toggle option for magic mouse and trackpad users.
• Adds increased cursor control (mouse smoothing) option.
Most Helpful Reviews
Best Game for iMac - I run a Late 2009 21.5 inch iMac with a NVIDIA 9400 graphics card, and this game runs great. After other dissapointments with Feral Interactive not supporting the NVIDIA graphics card, this game was a real pick-me-up. It runs smoother than I've seen on most PCs, and on higher settings. I would suggest this game to anyone who has a Mac. Thanks, Feral Interactive!
buggy update - just updated this game again this week, after i had fixed the lost characters issue, the newest update (8.8.12) reverted my characters back to lower levels. please figure this stuff out before posting updates!!! what a joke...
More Reviews for Current Version
Fun game if I still had my character... - It's a great game, I had some lag which got really annoying after a while but the new update seemed to deal with that. Only problem is I spent several hours working on a character I no longer have. And as much fun as those first few levels were I'm not looking foreward to having to redo them. Not sure what went wrong but I'd really like my character back.
Great game, however multiplayer has been poorly implemented. - As someone who also played this extensively on the PC side, the multiplayer setup on the mac side is very cumbersome. You download an application from a third party (gameranger) which handles hosting. This means everytime you want to play a multiplayer game, you exit borderlands, and launch gameranger instead, which means everytime you have a problem hosting, you have to exit, adjust settings, and relaunch the game. Worst of all, if you would like to chat with the people you are playing with, you have to pay for a 'premium' account through gameranger. On top of that, I've found the service to be rather spotty (today I spent an hour trying to join a game, launching borderlands, and continuously timing out). So if you're buying this game to play with friends, keep this in mind! The actual game itself is a lot of fun. Very nice visuals (UDK engine with a touch of cell shading), with some very cool open world design. Occasionaly I find myself stopping and staring at the horizon, allowing myself to travel to the location I can barely see in the distance. There are some nice atmospheric effects as well to acheive the scope of the game. This game of the year edition really has a ton of content to play through, and the randomly generated weapon system is rather addicting. I'm glad feral brought this game to mac, however the multiplayer experience (one of the best aspects of the game) has been somewhat ruined.
Awesome game! - I am running the game flawlessly with high graphics on my MBP Late 2011 1 GB AMD graphics and 8 GB RAM. This is easily one of the best games I have ever played. With all of the guns, and the high replayability factor, you will spend hours non stop playing it. Another smash hit from 2K Games and Gearbox.
Waste of money - Wish I could get my money back for this. Should have played a demo or something first. All I do it pick up guns that won't kill any of the bad guys, constantly REKILL all the people I just killed, and buy more junk. And why does every bad guy know EXACTLY where I'm at the entire game? Skip this garbage and buy something else from the app store. Waste of $30.
WOW THANKS - This is by far the best game on my MacBook… runs just fine with my 2010 2.4 duo core nvidia geforce 320 card 8mb ram running lion, just clicked on the up-date then saw the issues after; which concerns me but, I love the game so much wouldn't hate having to do it all over again!!!!