Developer: Secret Geometry
Current Version: 2.3.0
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 3.4 MB - Download
A Spectacular, Retro Text Editor.
Back To Basics:
- Inspired by word processors from the 70s and 80s.
- Simple interface puts the focus on your writing.
- Vintage look and feel keeps you creative.
- Fullscreen mode lets you escape into another world.
- Modern touches like auto-save, gestures, and retina support.
- Dozens of sliders for effects like curvature, burn-in, and transparency.
- Warm up with analog effects like static, jitter, and horizontal sync.
- Glowing halos simulate the human eye's reaction to intense brightness.
- Save and recall your favorite looks using themes.
- Pre-made themes cover 1976 to 1991, as well as modern styles.
- Blinky's many lifelike touches constantly surprise and delight.
- Ray tubes burst open in new windows and bounce as they're moved.
- Dynamic perspective, lighting, and shadows raise the bar for app visuals.
- Pixels burn-in and slowly fade away when turned off.
- Use an image or webcam photo as glass reflection.
- Comes with twelve vintage fonts.
- Choose from a wide variety of sound effects.
- Open any image or photo to generate text art.
- View your webcam feed as real-time text art.
- Save screenshots.
- iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook Pro: 2007 or newer
- MacBook, MacBook Air, Mac mini: mid-2008 or newer
- Unsupported graphics cards: Intel GMA 950 and X3100, ATI Radeon X1600
- New app icon.
- Updated retina artwork.
- Easier to see mouse cursor.
- Fixed Yosemite glitches.
Most Helpful Reviews
My Soul Is Smiling - This is hands down the greatest app I’ve encountered in ten years. I dream of developing at this level of perfection. Customize color, size, cursor, vintage font, retro monitor theme, reflected image, frame, glass, curvature, border, transparency, overbright, glow, backlight, burn-in, retrace, scan-lines, hue shift, jitter, h-sync, static, flicker, rendering quality, lighting, reflection, and even sounds to create virtually any machine screen on the planet. Use your camera to generate real-time colored text art. It also behaves well when its windows get unfocused if you’re in another app. My favorite feature is the degauss. This superior work of artistry immediately transforms you into a creative writing genius and happens to come with all the modern word processing features you can type about. A+
More Reviews for Current Version
Just needs one more thing…. - Only needs one more thing IMO: chunky mechanical keyboard sound effects.
A simple writing environment that inspires you to write the way you did in the 1980’s - Goth, industrial, post-punk, and garage lyrics can all be styled for your fx and photocopied ‘zine with this app, just like you did it for college comparative modern media lit class. For that it is awesome. I really groove on the simplicity and the irreverence of Blinky (like Cathode, too.) It’s just fun and it makes writing short pieces fun. It could potentially come in super handy for animators or artists/designers that need to make period graphics, so that is just extra bonus. The webcam feature is well worth twice the price!
Impeccably-executed with amazing details, options and polish - This is just too much fun. The ‘View/Degauss’ menu option says it all. I’m very impressed the myriad of Themes and font options. Throw in the color control and you can really tweak together some custom UIs that fit your style. The details such as the poor refresh rate on scrolling, etc. make this app way more than I had expected from a Free download. Can’t wait to use this on my commuter rail ride to perplex my fellow passengers ;-) Well done.
AWSOME ! I love this app with all my heart thank you for making this! - AWSOME ! I love this app with all my heart thank you for making this! You rock !
Awsome! - This is F**KIN awsome, great job guys, i Love this app! The customization panel is great, trust me, youll be able to make it look exactly as you want, even the reflection! its crazy! Give it a try, its just for fun tho!