Black & White 2
Developer: Feral Interactive Ltd
Current Version: 1.2.2
Last Updated: 7 months ago
Download Size: 3.8 GB - Download
Play good. Play bad. Play God.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
The idyllic world of Eden is in trouble and you, an all-powerful deity, have been called upon to save it! Whether you choose to restore order by building a harmonious city for your flock or by waging terrible war on non-believers, your actions determine Eden’s fate.
You’ll be assisted by your “Creature”, the physical manifestation of your power that takes the form of a vast ape, cow, lion or wolf. Will you reward its virtuous behaviour and help it become a force for good, or shape into a vengeful and destructive beast? Brutal conquest and rule through fear may be more effective than tender mercies, and a lot more fun! In Black & White 2, the choice is always yours.
• Train your Creature to follow your example and watch it transform into a gentle giant or a demonic beast.
• Witness the full extent of your divine influence as plants, buildings and people morph to reflect your approach, be it benevolent or belligerent.
• Cast life-giving miracles or wreak destruction by calling forth natural disasters including volcanoes, earthquakes and even meteors.
• Expand your dominion across nine distinct islands as you assimilate Greek, Norse, Japanese and Aztec tribes into your flock.
• Adorn your settlements with sparkling fountains and lush gardens, or fill them with fearsome spikes and torture pits.
• Includes the Battle of the Gods expansion pack: fight for dominance against a rival god, raise a tortoise or a tiger as your Creature and strike awe into the hearts of mortals with four additional miracles.
Important information regarding Black & White 2:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at [email protected]
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 1.8GHz Intel, RAM: 4.0GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 6.0GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel HD3000, Intel GMA series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 8xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 320M.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Case-sensitive.
• You can find out more about the game on the Black & White 2 mini-site at feralinteractive.com/blackandwhite2
Software © 2001-2014 Lionhead Studios Limited. All rights reserved. Lionhead, the Lionhead logo, Black & White and the Black & White logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lionhead Studios Limited in the US and/or other countries. Black & White ® is a Lionhead ® Studios brand. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other marks are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Fixes a bug that prevented Black & White 2 from launching on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
• Fixes a number of minor issues
Most Helpful Reviews
Finally This Game Is On The App Store!!! - Like the other review I used to play this on my old PC a long time ago and loved it! I had forgotten all about this game until I was browsing the App Store and noticed it. The system I’m running this on is a Mid-2010 White Unibody MacBook with 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor with 4 GB ram and the NVIDIA GeForce 320M integrated graphics. The notes say that this graphics processor isn’t supported, but it seems to work perfectly fine on my system. Well worth the $20 if you ask me.
Lots of bugs breaking otherwise decent game - This game is basically unplayable with the current level of bugs. In particular, as some other reviewers have noted, the mouse simply doesn’t work properly. Most of the tutorials cannot be completed because the game refuses to recognize clicks inexplicably. Similar, it’s almost impossible to build anything, as the game simply won’t recognize at least 95% of the clicks used to try to place buildings. Sometimes, with no rhyme or reason it does work, but it’s rare. I’ll update my review if the bugs get worked out, but as of now, this game is effectively unplayable.
More Reviews for Current Version
Finally able to play an old favortie! - Contrary to what another reviewer has experienced with this version, I haven’t had any problems with the mouse or encountered any game-breaking bugs so far, after several hours of playing. For reference, I’m using a Logitech M305 instead of the Magic Mouse, which I usually find a little tricky to use with games. If you’re hoping to play this game, I’d definitely give this version a try—it’s also only $12 and includes the Battle of the Gods expansion, which is nice.
It won’t run after world 3 - I can play until about the third world, and then the opening screen will crash and it closes. So, that’s pretty useless. Otherwise, it was fun up until then.
Fantastic to play again - This game has it’s flaws, for sure, but if you compare it to a lot of the FarmVille or TinyTower games of today, you’ll see that they owe a lot of their design to Black and White. It’s a bold game, mixing city building with creature raising. While it probably falls short of its mark, it has grand, lofty goals and should be enjoyed with that in mind.
The best God game - I can’t simply recommend this game enough it is truly unique, and the only reason I am wirtitng a for it is because it should have 5 stars.