Current Version: 2.7.1
Last Updated: 8 months ago
Download Size: 7.2 MB - Download
Music sheets organizer and iTunes player
Retrieve ANY song in only 1 second !!!
- The fastest way to find a song : Simply type 3 or 4 characters and Voilà!
Features (version 2.0):
View your PDF files as sheets in a Binder.
- No need to deal with multiple screens.
- PDF files of a given folder becomes sheets of a single binder.
- Assign up to 8 binders to 8 folders of your choice.
- Manage up to 9 tabs for each binder.
* Use tabs to group songs or to create sets
Quickly retrieve your songs.
- Binder is always in «Search» mode.
- Type few characters or use arrow keys to find a sheet.
- No need to activate a search field. Binder is always ready.
- The search is always performed on all PDF even if a tab is selected.
* This allows you to do a special request and go back to your set right after.
- Binder automatically match the corresponding songs in iTunes when you use the integrated remote control.
Sort your song by title or author.
- Simply click on the «Sort» button or press on the «Tab» key to switch to a different sort order (Tite or Author).
No library to maintain.
- Binder build its own indexes according to the name of your PDF files.
- Please read the user manual to get more information about the suggested naming conventions.
Complete integration with your favorite applications.
- Print, Mail, Preview your files directly from Binder.
- All these features are integrated to the main menu of Binder.
Features (version 2.1):
1) Table of contents for each tab
2) The main window of Binder now contains 4 invisibles zones that can be used to scroll PDF (previous/next PDF) and to scroll pages (previous/next 2 pages).
Features (version 2.2):
1) Half Page Zooming.
2) Screen Dimmer (to reduce brightness of PDF).
3) Menu : Preferences added.
4) Bug Fixed : PDF are now automatically enlarge to maximum when the screen resolution is greater than 1280 x 800.
5) User's manual has been updated.
Features (version 2.3):
1) Easily manage your own user lists.
2) Press CMD-ENTER (or CMD-Click on any tab) to Edit user list of current tab (or to Manage tabs if the current tab is not a user list).
3) Bug Fixed : CTRL-Click on a given binder now works when the dimmer is on.
4) Change : If you click on a tab that is already selected, Binder will not select the previous tab.
Features (version 2.3.2):
1) Support of full screen under OSX Lion.
Features (version 2.3.3):
1) Animation added to the toolbar.
2) Hide the toolbar when Binder is not active.
3) Continuous Play : Stop Playback when the last song of a user tab (set list) has been played.
Features (version 2.4):
1) Create Notes for each PDF:
A note can be created for each PDF file. When you create a new note, Binder saves this note in a text file (.TXT) using the same filename as the current PDF. This way, you can easily grab all your notes to share them or for backup. If you rename a PDF file, be sure to rename it’s corresponding .TXT file too.
"-" (dash) key can be used to display / hide notes. You can also click in the middle of the screen, between the two upper rings to display / hide notes.
* Please, read user manual for more information.
Binder is a must for all musicians who must carry binders of music sheets.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are experiencing any problems, Please contact support.
Special note when upgrading from version 2.5:
New security features in OSX means that Binder no longer has access to folders that were previously assigned to colored binders.
Not to worry. You can quickly re-enable your PDF folder by re-selecting it from a Dialog box that Binder will display for you. You only need to do this one time for each colored binder that has an assigned folder.
New in version 2.7.1:
- Bug fix for OSX Lion Mountain
New in version 2.7:
- Bug fix (sometimes app was crashing when running on OSX 10.6)
New in version 2.6:
- Trackpad Support (gestures can be customized from Trackpad Preferences menu).
- Functions (Zoom, Play) are done on the active PDF when 2 PDF of one page are displayed at the same time. In this case, the inactive PDF is dimmed (amout can be set in Preferences menu).
- User Manual updated.
Most Helpful Reviews
Excellent! - After years of lugging rediculously large, heavy 3 ring binders to cover gigs, I finally got wind of this app from a musician on a cruise ship. It was extremely easy to find and convert my files to PDF's and the ease of finding songs I want to play without flipping endlessly thru pages is a God sent. I have mine set up with the following tabs: All Ready Originals Sing Alongs Texas Country Rock Ballads Priority (to learn) Not Ready By setting them up this way, it's extremely easy for me to find the right song, almost instantly. Adding notes per song for BPM, Key & Capo is very cool as well I hope this helps!
Will NOT SEARCH INDIVIDUAL .PDF FILE FOR SINGLE PAGE - I failed to realize this app runs by running a search and opening up all the .pdf files. It cannot, however, search each .pdf files for individual songs or real book charts. This app was originally going to take the place of iGIG for ipad, except on the macbook pro. FAIL.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great App!! - I’ve using binder 2 for about a year now and it has worked great for me … I have hundreds of songs organized in its folders and tabs. I truly recommend it, it also works flawlessly with the airturn bluetooth pedals. I wish they would make a Binder 2 for the iPhone I would definitely purchase it.
Music Binder 2 Very Poor Service and APP - Terrible APP and no support support at all.
Meh... - This would not be a bad app, except that it is terribly cumbersome. The only advantage I could find so far is the nice interface. I have a quite big sheet music database (most of them still in paper format, but was thinking of scanning all because it would be easier to organize and keep track of), and was hoping that this program could help me to handle that. Well, it can’t, or not really. Everything in it is mostly pre-fixed. You have to name the files (manually!) in a certain way; it would be great if it could autofile them or something like that, but that’s not an option. You choose a pdf library (you can choose up to 8), where all your files are located, and they have to be named in the right way. Also, all the naming fields are “title”, “author”, and “comment”. Thus, e.g., no genre. And you cannot edit the metadata from within the program — all is determined by the name. That would be quite essential. The organization features aren’t great either. You do have some labeling options (they are displayed as “tabs”), which is useful (although to manage them is, again, a little cumbersome). But you cannot sort by author, for instance, only by title — which for me is useless. Anyway. Maybe this is good for someone who has a relatively small library, with mostly non-classical music. If you plan to use this as a keeper of all your classical sheet music, then you should look elsewhere. And I think for what it does it is a little expensive.