BeanCounter - Bookkeeping, Time Tracking, and Invoicing for Small Business
Developer: Tidal Pool Software
Current Version: 2.0.8
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 4.7 MB - Download
••• Featured by Apple in Money Management - Business Accounting collection •••
BeanCounter is a powerful yet easy to use professional bookkeeping, time tracking, and invoicing application. It features double-entry accounting, multiple currency support, and a simple one window user interface. Manage accounts, clients, projects, merchants, and bills for an unlimited number of businesses. Stay on top of your business with detailed reports and graphs.
Add new transactions with support for nine types of custom fields and file attachments. Attach photos, scans, voice memos, and files such as receipts, invoices, and other documents to each transaction. Define custom accounting periods and automatically clear down nominal accounts. BeanCounter supports budgets, filters, batch transaction editing, autofill, and split/repeat transactions. Import and export transactions to a variety of file formats.
Track project tasks and expenses for clients. Tasks may be timed (using the included time tracker) or non-timed. Generate customized estimates and invoices itemizing tasks and expenses. Choose from five invoice layouts or design your own custom layout. Keep track of outstanding invoice balances and manage incoming payments.
- double-entry, accrual accounting
- create an unlimited number of businesses
- support for self-proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations
- define custom accounting periods
- create custom units/currencies
- full-screen support
- auto save
- create 16 types of accounts
- set a budget for each account
- create complex filters with any combination of transaction fields
- advanced search
- single and multiple transaction entry forms
- multiple currency support
- add custom fields (nine types) for local taxes, payment type, completion dates, or anything else
- mileage support including start/stop values
- attach photos, voice memos, and other files to transactions
- split transactions with balance button
- create repeating transactions
- batch edit transactions
- create merchants for tracking bills and payments
- create repeating bills
- make payments to multiple bills
- create clients for managing projects with tasks and expenses
- timed tasks with time tracker (application and menulet)
- non-timed tasks (flat, hour, day, week, month, quarter, year)
- minimum, rounding, and idle warning task time preferences
- make payments to multiple invoices
- send project estimates/invoices with itemized list of tasks and expenses
- includes five invoice layouts with support for creating custom layouts
- select which invoice fields to include and customize titles
- option to include previous balance and payments
- create repeating invoices
- generate 10 types of reports with graphs
- option to select comparison date
- customize fonts
- transactions (with attachments)
- project tasks (with task items) and expenses
- import CSV, QIF, OFX/QFX files
- export CSV, HTML, PDF, QIF, and OFX/QFX files
- option to create new accounts, list items, and tags when importing
Note: BeanCounter includes 25 free transactions. Upgrade to Pro (via in-app purchase) for unlimited transactions.
- fix cleared total bug when entering total and then selecting an account
Most Helpful Reviews
Debits & Credits! - I was looking for something simple to keep track of a few assets & liabilities and didn’t want to invest in any of the major applications because I just don’t need their features. I generally use MS Excel through VMware Fusion to cover all my sheet work, so small is the key for my use here. This app does a great job and functions perfectly. It is powerful enough to let you create accounts and set them as needed for depreciation, interest, labor, etc. So you are in control! Remember, of course an accounting app is for accountants. If you have no training or experience, you will want to take a crash course or two in financial accounting as a subject first to get some hands-on and learn your terminology.
Awful! - This is the most confusing accounting/invoicing app! I wasted an hour trying to figure out how to send an invoice and still didn't get it. To make it worse, I understood that the basic version was free. I was charged $2.79.
More Reviews for Current Version
Needs better documentation - Works OK, needs better documentation, but at least support is responsive
This is a crap application! - I spent hours setting this up and inputting income and expenses only to find I cannot retrieve any of this information. It is gone, poof. Total waste of $60 and more importantly my time. I want a refund!!!!!!
Have to redo months of work now - It was good until a bunch of closing entries created themselves, dated 12/31/16, and under Account 1 listing an account that I didn’t even create until 3/10/17. Closing entires cannot be edited, even when they create themselves wrongly. The closing entries have made inaccurate one of the accounts and it’s unfixable.
MULTICURRENCY BEWARE!!! - This application advertises itself as having multi-currency support and although this is true, its implementation has speratic glitches like labeling the wrong value with the incorrect currency label and thus totaling them falsly. We had to redo all our books in a different software upon an internal audit! DONT TRUST THIS LOW QUALITY APP!!!