Developer: Feral Interactive Ltd
Current Version: 1.1
Last Updated: 8 months ago
Download Size: 4.3 GB - Download
Take command of the greatest battles of the War in the Pacific.
Before you buy, please expand this description and check the system requirements below.
Experience every aspect of combat in this superb blend of action and strategy as you lead a host of US and Allied air, sea and underwater units through intense, action-packed missions in hotspots from Pearl Harbor to Midway.
Battlestations Midway is not just another WWII game; you command the fleet, but you can also assume direct control of any unit. It features fast-paced battles where tactics and ability are tested equally. It is about acts of individual daring as well as the skilled use of combined arms.
At your disposal are over 60 legendary war-machines, including huge aircraft carriers, battleships, destroyers, cruisers, fighter aircraft, bombers and even submarines. It’s up to you to lead by example and defeat the Japanese fleet.
• Revolutionary gameplay – Experience epic combat from multiple perspectives as you jump between dozens of units, playing as a pilot, a gunner, a submarine captain or even carrier fleet commander.
• Massive air, sea, and undersea battlefields – Every battle takes place simultaneously in the air, on and under the sea. Strategic positioning and movement of your fleet and the individual efforts of any one vehicle is critical to success.
• Immersive single player mode – featuring 11 massive campaigns with 12 bonus challenge missions covering the crucial fighting from Pearl Harbor to Midway, from a single patrol boat to a carrier group.
• Innovative online multiplayer mode – Huge multi-unit online battles with up to eight Mac players. Battlestations Midway shines as a multiplayer game.
Important information regarding Battlestations Midway:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at [email protected]
• In order to run the game with satisfactory performance, your Mac must meet these minimum system requirements: 1.83GHz CPU / 512MB RAM / 128MB Graphics Card (not Intel GMA Series).
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• Full system requirements are available on the Battlestations Midway mini-site at feralinteractive.com/bsm
Battlestations: Midway © 2007-2011 Eidos Interactive Ltd. Published by Feral Interactive Ltd. under license from Square Enix Ltd. 2010. Developed by Eidos Hungary KFT. Battlestations, Battlestations: Midway, Eidos Hungary KFT and the Eidos Hungary KFT logo, Eidos and the Eidos logo are trademarks of Square Enix Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
Most Helpful Reviews
Battlestations: Midway - I love this game!!! If you like naval battle games, this game is for you. You can choose to control strategic movement of your forces from a map (like an admiral controlling the fleet) or click on any unit to take direct control of it & fight the enemy. Be sure to do the Single Player "Naval Academy" scenario first, as it will teach you to control the units. One particular thiing to know is to hold down the shift key then click the mouse button (left mouse button if you use a 3-button mouse) to release bombs or torpedoes from aircraft. To see the user manual, on the opening screen select the 'About' tab & click the drop down box next to the "Documentation:" item & then click the "View" button. There's a slight learning curve to this game, but it's well worth it.
Can’t Move - I was really excited to play this game, however, when ever I try to move forward it simply won’t. Please fix this for a better rating.
More Reviews for Current Version
problem - the game when i start it only give a black screen and it won't start some help please i download this game on my macbook pro ?
Needs some work - Needs a display showing keyboard controls on each screen. Graphics are great!! Wish there was a better explanation of controls or a tutorial. Haven't been able to find it if it exists.
Working Great - First of all game runs fine on my computer never have had an issue. I like strategy games so Im happy with the game play, yes the narration can get long winded but I guess its just a small element. For people having problems you know if you dont read the requirements it's all on you. Its spelled out pretty clearly I think....that said Im happy.
great game - The game was great good graphics. now I'm not complaining, but it would be cool if you made this game compatible with the ipod touch or the iPhone the other thing is you should put in D-Day
Battlestations: Midway - Attention WW II history buffs - you gotta love this game! I felt I got my mony's worth gawking at the superb ship and aircraft renderings for the first few hours. I mean, when was the last time you've had the chance to shoot down a Kawanishi Type 97 "Mavis" flying boat?? Hooo Hahhhhhh!!! However, I don't think this game will please everyone to the extent it tickles this particular Pacific Theater geek. Due to the multple facets of game-play and less-than-intuitve controls, its not the kind of game you master in a few hours. Also, some of naration between missions is a bit hoaky. The final word is B.S. Midway is a real keeper for me - a decent shooter, outstanding graphics, and a painless history lesson rolled into one cool game! Enjoy.