Batman: Arkham City GOTY
Developer: Feral Interactive Ltd
Current Version: 1.1.1
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 11.5 GB - Download
The Dark Knight descends.
One of the “Best Games of 2013” in the “Mac App Store Best of 2013”!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
A year after the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Quincy Sharp, the new mayor of Gotham, has turned its slums into Arkham City, a terrifying open-air prison where violent thugs and insane super-villains are incarcerated within heavily fortified walls.
When Batman is imprisoned alongside Gotham’s most notorious, he must discover Arkham City’s true purpose before it’s too late. This intense, atmospheric sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum plunges Batman deep into a gothic nightmare from which he will need all his wits, gadgetry and skill to escape.
• Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition contains all DLC including Harley Quinn’s Revenge, a standalone story set two weeks after the events of the main game in addition to the Nightwing, Catwoman, Robin, Arkham City Skins and Challenge Map packs.
• Experience Arkham City as Batman; learn to master the caped crusader’s abilities as you swoop over the rain-lashed rooftops of Gotham in the best superhero adventure ever to come to the Mac.
• Face off against a demented rogue’s gallery that includes all of Gotham’s most iconic baddies: The Joker, The Riddler, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, The Penguin and Mr. Freeze.
• Take on hundreds of side missions, secrets and puzzles hidden by the Riddler to confuse and confound Batman.
• Wonderful toys! Make Arkham City your playground; deploy an arsenal of upgradable gadgets, from a remote-control Batarang to a grappling gun to explosive gel and freeze cluster grenades.
• Use Detective Mode to scan for vital clues and reveal enemies’ weak spots, then deliver brutal combos with an improved version of the Free Flow™ combat system.
• Play as Catwoman in a deliciously feline subplot that unfurls alongside the main game.
• Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy return as the voices of the Joker and Batman in this dark, twisted adventure, written by Paul Dini.
• Challenge your friends' scores and compare achievements with Apple's Game Center (requires Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion).
Important information regarding Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at [email protected]
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 16GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 8xxx series, NVIDIA 320M, Intel HD3000 and Intel GMA series.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• You can find out more about the game on the Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/bmac
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION software © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Rocksteady Studios. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Unreal® Engine, copyright 1998-2012 Epic Games, Inc. Unreal, Unreal Technology and the Powered by Unreal Technology logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. Uses Scaleform GFx © 2012 Scaleform Corporation. Powered by Wwise © 2006 - 2012 Audiokinetic Inc. All rights reserved. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. BATMAN and all characters, their distinctive likenesses, and related elements are trademarks of DC Comics © 2012. All Rights Reserved. WB GAMES LOGO, WBIE LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s12)
• Displays a dialog allowing cancellation of a stalled attempt to log in to GameCenter
Most Helpful Reviews
Thanks for saving me from getting PS3! - When I found this I didnt think it was the actual game and then I found out I can use a PS3 controller to play it with! VERY COOL! The controller was plug and play on my macbook air and has been flawless in its motions and play! Now all I need is for the newest one (Origins) to come out in the store and I will be a happy camper! Thank you for saving me the dough for a PS3 becaue I already have the mac’s going and I didnt really want to get it for only these games!
Could be the best game on the app store - Except after the last update it will not open and instantly crashes. Endlessly. Was having a blast playing it until this error. Hopefully a fix will be made because $20 is a hefty price to pay for an unplayable game.
More Reviews for Current Version
Cracking game - I bought this game (16 May 2016) for use on my 2006 Mac Pro. I have an ATI 7950 Mac Edition on my machine and have every graphics setting on maximum. The result is beautiful at 1900x1200. I haven’t found Game Centre to be an issue and the game has run non-stop for 4 hours without any problems on 10.11.4. Great work guys - great to see the Unreal Engine put to awesome use - it looks brilliant.
Crashes - Great game I played it for hours but now crashes on startup. Needs to be fixed
Needs Updates - So, the game is good overall… when it is not crashing. It currently started crashing, which is annoying as i paid $20 for it. Hopefully an update in the nearby future will fix it.
Keeps quitting when I start the game - Initially I had a great time playing the game and it ran well for the most part. However lately everytime I open the game it unexpectedly quits on me. This is frustrating!!!! I didn’t pay for this!!!
This game needs another update!!! - So I have had this game for my Macbook Pro 15’ since it first came out, sure it would slow down a little but no other major problems. Now with the most recent update it wont even load the game! It gets to the picture of the game but then crashes immediately!! :( The good news is that it hasnt affected my Arkham Asylum game at all (knock on wood). I really hope the developers and the App Store look into this because its not the games fault. The game is still world class, esepcially for being on a mac and having console level quality. Please fix this soon.