Developer: Rob Stott
Current Version: 4.26
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 649.8 KB - Download
Barcode generators really don't come much easier to use than this. Simply fill in your barcode specifications in the main window, preview the barcode to check it's as you expect then save it to disk for use in Word, Illustrator, Powerpoint etc.
Barcode Basics can create a huge range of common barcodes (over 30 types are supported) in many file types including eps (vector format), jpeg, gif and png.
• Bar Width Reduction (BWR) to allow you to compensate for ink spread on printing presses. This is an essential feature for professional printing (and cannot be supported by other font based applications).
• Bar height (truncation) and barcode scale (magnification).
• Optional add-on digits (either 2 or 5) are supported for EAN, UPC, ISMN, ISBN and ISSN codes.
• Fast response from English speaking support via the "Contact support…" option in the app's main menu.
• Support for metric (mm or microns) and imperial measurements (inches)
• Barcodes can be exported in EPS (vector) format or high resolution GIF, BMP, JPG or PNG
• Barcodes are compatible with Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Word, Powerpoint etc.
• Support for Automator actions - create bespoke workflows to automate barcode production.
• No sneaky In-App purchases - you get all the functionality listed on this page, for the price listed on this page!
Alternatively, use Barcode Basics' powerful Automator action support to integrate it into your own custom Automator workflows, apps or services. Anything you can do in the Barcode Basics app, you can do in Automator!
SUPPORTED BARCODE TYPES
• Code 11
• Code 39
• Code 128
• UPC A
• UPC E
• EAN 8
• EAN 13
• EAN 13 (GS1)
• EAN 14
• Interleaved 2 of 5
• ITF 14
• GS1 DataBar Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Stacked, GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Truncated, GS1 DataBar Limited, SSCC-18
• ISBN, ISSN, ISMN
• USPS Postnet, USPS Intelligent Mail, USPS Planet, Royal Mail (UK), Royal TNT (Netherlands), Japan Post, Deutsch Leitcode, Deutsch Identcode
• Pharmacode, Two-track Pharmacode, Italian Pharmacode, PZN7, PZN8
• MSI Plessey
Bug fix for Code 128
Most Helpful Reviews
Vector Format - so yes I do packaging and yes I use Barcod Pro but they dont have it for the new os so the hunt is on. this does a good job just a few issues which I sent over to the developer things that need to be fixed 1 no check digit produced 2 when opening the program keeping the same settings would be nice like the height, scale and other items in the preferences 3 no preview (this is a little BIG issue) 4 when creating the file and then opening it in illustrator you can see that the bars are created as strokes and not oulined paths which are very very slightly off compaired to Barcode Pro
just wasted $10.00 - You cannot see the barcode before you export it. This make it pretty useless.
More Reviews for Current Version
Says ASCII Characters are not valid - I’m using the Code 128 and it won’t allow spaces or special characters such as “-“ or “/“ which are allowed ASCII characters. Not working for my purpose. Frurstrated with the price.