Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Developer: Overhaul Games
Current Version: 1.3.2053
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 2.2 GB - Download
The dawn is especially cruel this morning...
For as long as you can remember your view of the world has been limited to the heavily fortified walls of Candlekeep. Your foster father, Gorion, has done everything in his power to protect you, and keep you out of harm’s way.
All of that is about to change. Forced to leave your home under mysterious circumstances, you find yourself drawn into a conflict that has the Sword Coast on the brink of war. An iron shortage of unknown origin threatens to plunge the city of Baldur’s Gate into conflict with Amn. Meanwhile, there is something else at work, far more sinister than you can even begin to fathom...
Since its release in 1998, this classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer roleplaying games. Customize your hero’s traits and abilities, recruit a party of brave allies, and explore the far corners of the Sword Coast in your search for adventure, profit… and the truth.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition contains the original 60-hour epic, as well as the following expansions:
* Tales of the Sword Coast: Explore the fabled Durlag’s Tower and more locations from the original Baldur’s Gate expansion.
* The Black Pits: You have been captured and forced to fight in Baeloth’s marvelous arena. A myriad of monsters await, as well as countless other adventurers who face the same fate. Maim, murder, and maul your way to freedom…if you can!
* Brothers Lost: Lend your aid to Rasaad yn Bashir, the Sun Soul Monk, as he scours the Cloud Peaks in search of his lost brother.
* Neera and the Red Wizards: Save the wild mage Neera from the cruel machinations of Thay’s dreaded Red Wizards.
* Path of the Bloodied: Join the blackguard Dorn Il-Khan in taking revenge against those who betrayed him in Luskan.
* Gallery of Heroes: Reimagine your character with eleven never-before-seen character portraits from acclaimed Icewind Dale artist Jason Manley!
* New professionally recorded voice sets to choose from to further customize your character
* Discover countless improvements we’ve made to the original game, including high-resolution fonts, an improved interface, dynamic zooming, and more!
We’re making improvements all the time; join the discussion on our official forums to see what’s coming next!
- Added "Font Size" to Graphics Options (changing this during play will empty the combat log)
- While viewing a mage's Spellbook screen, players can now switch to a priest character and the game will immediately switch to the Priest Spells screen (and vice versa)
- Spell scrolls that can be written into a spellbook for the current character now display a green-tinted overlay
- Non-friendly NPCs that are Blinded will no longer stand still; they will wander aimlessly until they are close enough to see someone worth attacking
- Drizzt is now properly equipped with his scimitars, and has been recolored to match his description in the books
- All golems in the game now possess appropriate immunities to Poison, Charm, Hold, Fear, Sleep, and Backstab
- Luck spell no longer erases character's weapon proficiencies
- Improvements to Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Polish, and Turkish languages
- Hundreds of general gameplay improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
2nd Best Game Ever Made - The only game that is better is Baldur's Gate 2.
Bug for any Retina Mac user. - The game cannot be enjoyed due to the bug that affects gameplay in any Retina-based Mac (the mouse tooltip won’t get scaled as the rest of the game, making text almost impossible to read).
More Reviews for Current Version
keeps crashing - Game crashes when leaving cloakwood, or trying to enter Baldur’s Gate from the bridge. Super annoying.
Don’t buy it here - Get it directly from Beamdog. Otherwise you get an older version of the software that probably won’t work with their latest expansion.
Old 1998 Classic of All Time - An RPG masterpiece, when it came out it was revolutionary. It was a great leap forward for games based on the AD&D concept and rules. One of the ebst games from 1998.
Was 5/5 when it worked - The Launcher comes up, but crashes immediately after selecting the option to launch the game. 100% unplayable.
unplayable due to tooltip bug - This issue is for retina displays only I believe, but the text is too small to read and game cannot be enjoyed.