Developer: WildCard Games
Current Version: 3.1.3
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 10.1 MB - Download
Play the #1 Backgammon game on the App Store! The top Backgammon for the iPhone and iPad is now available for the Mac!
With 6 unique board designs and a host of great features, including support for the Nackgammon and Old English game variants, Backgammon Mac offers the best Backgammon experience on the App Store!
Backgammon Mac allows you to play against the computer in either Easy, Medium or Hard difficulties. Tracks extensive Statistics for each game type, including Games Played, Gammons, Backgammons as well as Matches Statistics.
Stay tuned as we add even more great new features!
- Play with one of 6 great board designs. Playing on the history of the game, we've included designs for 5 major periods in history. The board choices are: Egyptian, Roman, Medieval, Victorian, Modern and Classic.
- We also support Matches. You can play single games or play to 3, 5, 9 or 15 points. The Match support is implemented using the Crawford rule.
- Multiple moves support. You do now need to move each dice, one at a time, you can move to the final point in a single click.
- Optional Dice Roll Animation.
- Custom numerical-theory-based random number generator with multiple independent sequences for each die to maximize randomness and ensure fairness.
- Doubling games Support
- Move-assist - highlights available moves
- Single player games against the computer
- Three levels of difficulty : Easy, Medium and Hard.
- Optionally plays sound effects during game play.
- Extensive Game statistics, including Dice rolls.
- Play as either Black or White Tokens.
- Indicates current Pip count for each player.
- Unlimited undo functionality
- Automatically Saves Your Game
Follow us on Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/trivialtech
Follow us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/trivialtech
Thanks for the great feedback! Based on user reports we have identified and fixed issues with doubling.
Most Helpful Reviews
Loving it - love the game work fine for me worth every dime my mac do not have issue with the app keep up the good work
World’s Worst Game - Seriously, don’t waste your money!!! I can’t believe I paid $1.99 for this crap. It is definitely skewed in the computer’s favor. The computer will almost always roll what IT needs to advance and will almost always NOT roll what you need. And, don’t even get me started on the number of doubles the computer rolls! This game isn't even challenging, it’s just frustrating. HORRIBLE!!!
More Reviews for Current Version
Don’t Bother - This backgammon game is worse yet. It starts out as”Easy”, but won’t change to “Regular”…whatever that means. And, then it locked up. All that occurred on the first game. I want my money back! This game is a ripoff!!!!
What a rip off. - I bought this for both my mobile devices and this version is much more limited, which makes zero sense to me. No multiplayer function. Weak, very weak.
Does Not Work with El Capitan - I have contacted customer support twice with not response regarding a fix. It freezes when the Game Center display shows and the application must be force quit.
knows how to play - If you are an experienced player looking for a challenging opponent this is the best app I’ve found. The game board is solid and the play is pretty good. Much better than some of the other [email protected] out there.
It cheats! - I have been using this app for over a year and I can tell you that it cheats! What are the odds that the computer gets two, three even four doubles in a row! I’ve play numerous games when the computer gets many doubles and I would get none. Sometimes I will even get the same roll of the dice - two, three even four times in a row….come on what are the odds! Don’t waste your money! I love backgammon and wish I could find one that truly had random rolls of the dice!