BRAINtastic Maths Prep-Kindergarten
Current Version: 2.0.11
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 70.5 MB - Download
Premium Educational Software - Super Savings!!
Build your child’s mathematical understanding and skills and go beyond number crunching with BRAINtastic Maths.
•Ages 5 to 6
•Fully correlated with your child’s mathematics curriculum
•Features over 730 carefully-sequenced learning activities that establish mathematical foundations and develops basic skills
•Three cool Reward Games: BugWhack!, Galactic Retrieval Squad and Extreme Fashion
Learning areas include:
• Numeration: integers, operations
• Addition & subtraction
• Multiplication & division
• Fractions & decimals
• Patterns & algebra: relationships
• Measurement: length, area, volume/capacity, mass, time
• Space & geometry: 2D, 3D, position
• Establishes mathematical foundations and develops basic skills for young learners
• Over two years of educational content
• One educational content module: Maths Prep-Kindergarten
• Five carefully sequenced progress levels
• Over 700 age-appropriate learning activities
• Customisable for individual players by setting the ability level and individually enabling or disabling different maths categories
• Powerful administration and user-management features that can track the results of up to 10 users
• Display, export and print detailed user statistics
• Review actual questions answered correctly and incorrectly
• BESSIE Awards – Best Upper Elementary Math Software
• EDDIE Awards – Best Upper Elementary Math Software
• AIIA Awards – Education and Training
The Reward-Based Learning System
BRAINtastic is the reward-based learning system, where the work is almost as much fun as the games! Every child is unique in their capacity for effort for reward, so BRAINtastic allows you to vary the amount of work to be completed before they can play a Reward Game. You choose the activities and your kids choose a cool Reward Game!
• Gives your child maximum motivation to keep on learning!
• Humorous twists, constant feedback and corrections to keep students engaged and on-task
• Activity types include text input, missing answer, drag-and-drop, multiple choice, true or false and more!
• "Questions Only" mode allows kids to focus on the content without playing the Reward Games
Other BRAINtastic Series
The BRAINtastic system consists of three series covering Maths, Reading Success and Word Skills with titles for ages 5 to 15+.
As you expand your BRAINtastic installation to include titles from other series.
More Reviews for Current Version
Decent Maths Learning Game for Young Children - I'm rewritting this review, since I've resolved the initial installation issue, which probably had nothing to do with BRAINtastic. My 5.5 year old enjoys this app, so that deserves a few starts on its own. For preschoolers or kindergarteners, a parent will likely need to play with the child since they will need to read and explain some of the concepts. It would be nice if there was a way to read out the questions and perhaps use some animations and further explanation if a child struggles with the question so that it could support more self learning (not that having the parent participate is ever a bad thing, mind you). This app is more like a series of test questions. If you answer enough correctly, you are rewarded with a preset number of minutes to play a video game. This is where this app fall short in my opinion. I would rather that the math be integrated into the game instead of a non-educational, arcade-style game being an award for correctly answering the question. Braintastics has another game, Bag'n the Dragon, which uses similar math questions, but integrates them in a fantasy board-style game that support multiple players of different ages and math ability. If you child is already resistent to traditional math practice or homework, I would skip this game and just get Bag'n the Dragon instead. That said, if you child likes or doesn't mind math and is willing to do short drills to play some arcade-style games, then this is a decent game for them to get more practice.