Developer: Embraceware Software Inc
Current Version: 6.0.2
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 18.2 MB - Download
Awaken turns your Mac into the ultimate music alarm clock and sleep timer.
• Wake up to your music or built-in sounds
• Supports multiple alarms with sorting and labeling
• Customizable snooze control
• Create one-time alarms, weekly alarms, or target a specific date
• Gradually fade in the music volume and screen brightness
• Launch applications or files at alarm time
• Controllable via Apple Remote and keyboard shortcuts
• Auto-stop alarms after a customizable duration
• Fall asleep to your iTunes music
• Fall asleep to ambient sounds
(Beach, Forest, Ocean, Rainfall and White Noise)
• Gradually fade out the music volume and screen brightness
• Supports multiple timers with sorting and labeling
• Select from over a dozen built-in sounds
• Launch applications or files
FULL SCREEN MODE
• View alarms, sleep mode timer and current time at a distance
• Use "Play Music via iTunes" to play music from iCloud
• Click on the date to toggle the next alarm time
• Sleep your display by pressing control + shift + eject
Follow us on Twitter (@Embraceware) for updates and development news: http://twitter.com/Embraceware
If you have ANY problems or feedback please email [email protected]
- Resolves compatibility issues with iTunes 12.
Most Helpful Reviews
Works Perfectly - I love this app. I've had it for over 3 years and for 3 years this app has been waking me up. I've never had any issues with it. It is pricey, you cannot argue with that, but it does one thing very well. I love the attention to detail with the fade in alarm clock. Its really nice to be gently woken up instead of be startled. The developer has always been responsive to me. Any questions or concerns, he always answered them and got me back on track. For me, Awaken is a definite must have.
inexcusable - Charging $10 for functionality pretty much built into the computer already is nervy enough, but at least it should work. Three mornings in a row now I have set the alarm only to wake up on my own with not a peep from my laptop. Then in the middle of the day it goes off, hours from the appointed time. My time is set correctly, the app is set correctly, it was running, so what gives? After Fail 2 I went on the company's website, where I was told to download something called "Awaken Helper." This is an awfully simple app to need a helper, but in fairness it didn't work either. Save your money. I am curious, though -- how do you screw up an app as unambitious as this one?
More Reviews for Current Version
How the mighty have fallen - This used to be a very solid alarm app, although there were always a few edge case bugs. Now, on Sierra, it reliably crashes at the first alarm set for the day. Look elsewhere—and let me know if you find a good alarm app. I’m in the market.
Broke - I am a teacher and wanted to use this app for letting me and my students know when the bell was about to ring. The app advertises the fact that it can set multiple alarms throughout the day and how easy it is to connect to Itunes. The app works for 1 alarm but almost always crashes after that alarm. I also still have not been able to connect the app to iTunes. There are zero instructions from the app to do this nor a setup phase. If you are like me and you have multiple alarms set throughout the day for classes then the app loses almost all useability unless you close it out and open it again for the next alarm. I strongly encoursge you to look for other alarm apps, especially if you’re looking to utilize multiple alarms.