Developer: Autodesk Inc.
Current Version: 8.5.2
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 76.3 MB - Download
Everyone, including professional illustrators, concept designers, comic artists, manga lovers, and the everyday doodler, will enjoy using Autodesk® SketchBook® - the digital drawing app made for everyone who loves to draw. An easy-to-use and customizable interface makes tools easily accessible, so artists always have convenient access to the power and flexibility of a digital tool while maintaining a natural drawing experience. Install the app to discover the power of SketchBook and start unlocking your creativity today.
There has been a complete overhaul of the brushes, starting with a whole new redesign of the Brush Library, which includes:
◆ New Natural Blend and Colorless brushes
o Pinning brush sets to the Brush Palette
o Redesigned Brush Properties window, which includes:
- Brush types
- Flow and Opacity control
- Stylus tilt and stamp scaling
- Improved texture capture workflow
- Import an image as a stamp texture
o Loading custom and purchased brushes
◆ Newly designed Color Editor
◆ Support for saving and exporting the SketchBook .skbrushes brush format
◆ Updated the textures for two of the Pastel brushes
The full power of SketchBook is unlocked with Pro membership, available right here in the Mac App Store. Pro members get exclusive access to all features across desktop and mobile versions of SketchBook, including:
• A comprehensive brush library with over 100 preset pencil, pens, markers, and brushes
• Customizable brushes for complete control over your artistic toolset
• SketchBook Motion - named iPad App of the Year for 2016 - is fully unlocked as a free app for SketchBook subscribers. Available as a separate download from iTunes.
• Full layer controls, including layer grouping, multiple layer transform, and layer blending modes
• Perspective Guides with 1 point, 2 point, 3 point, and fisheye modes
• FlipBook with an animation timeline to bring your creations to life
• Selection and distort transform tools to freely and easily manipulate your image
• Dynamic flood fills with solid, linear, and radial gradients for complete control
• Dynamic X and Y axis symmetry tools with movable symmetry lines
• Steady Stroke for smooth line art
• The exclusive digital edition of the full Copic® Color Library
SketchBook offers the following features to users without a Pro membership:
• A clean and unobtrusive interface
• Layer Editor that supports up to 3 layers for increased control over your drawings and sketches
• Full color spectrum control that includes swatches from the Copic Color Library
• Other workflow improvements, including selection, automatic save, and more
Unique to the Mac App Store version:
• Save files directly to iCloud, so you can access canvases from iOS versions of SketchBook
• Purchase and manage your SketchBook membership within the Mac App Store.
-Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
Visit www.sketchbook.com for tips, tutorials, the SketchBook blog, and support.
Additional Information for Subscriptions:
• Subscriptions are charged through your iTunes Account, for USD $29.99/year or USD $4.99/month.
• A subscription gives you access to all drawing tools on all the devices we support (Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro).
• Subscription automatically renews for the selected period, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You'll receive a reminder email prior to the end of your current subscription period.
• Manage subscription preferences in iTunes.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase the subscription.
• The brush lag you may have experienced with 8.5 has been corrected.
• When you reset the Color Palette, the Color Editor won't disappear.
• If you couldn't access the Color Editor from the toolbar, this issue has been resolved.
• The canvas now fits the screen, instead of displaying only the top left corner, when a new fixed-sized canvas is set and created.
Most Helpful Reviews
The best drawing program on the market - This has become my default program for digital drawing and painting, over programs like Photoshop and Painter. The tools are fast and easy to use, and well-thought out; there isn't a lot of clutter on the screen; and I find it extremely easy to create with this. Unlike Photoshop, the tools you want aren't buried amongst 300 other options you'll never use. Unlike Painter, there's no lag on the brushstrokes. It comes with drawing guides (straight-edge, circles, boxes, french curves) which I use constantly. Saving colors to use repeatedly is intuitive - drag it to the pallette. Setting color hue, color intensity, opacity, and brush size is easier here than on any other program I've ever used. Sure, it's a subscription now. $25 a year isn't going to break the bank. The new animation, perspective, and gradient tools - which are MUCH better than Photoshop's - are worth that alone. And, although some people are reporting crashes, I've never had that happen; it's been perfectly stable and reliable for me. Note to the people missing functions: You'll need to sign up/in to gain access to the functions the previous lite version had. It's still free. Only the new tools require a subscription. TL/DR version: I LOVE THIS PROGRAM.
paid for a year and now it wants me to pay again. - I got the new 7.0.3 version yesterday and it crashed this morning and said to delete and redownload but once I did that, it says I have to pay for another year long membership after I already paid. What the hell is going on? I can’t find a fix for this yet and so I can’t even use the app even though I paid for it. When it was working however, it was a blast and had all the tools I dreamt of having in sketchbook. As soon as they fix it so it stops crashing I’ll highly recommend this drawing app.
More Reviews for Current Version
Best drawing app ever! - No affense to everyone in the reviews… but you guys need to stop. I have drawn amazing works of art with the free version !AND SOLD THEM as legal grade art! You dont even need the full version to see how good this is. Every review I saw was someone complaining. There is no need to do so. I have used this with my Huion pro grade drawing tablet. Mind you, I am 16 and see a bunch of whining (most likely adults or older than me) people. I am more displeased with the reviews than the product. This is a great drawing app and I wouldn't use anything else. The developers did an exelent job at creating this application and I am very well pleased.
It was pretty great until it sucked. - I really enjoyed using this app and I used it all the time, but after accidentally exiting out of the small tab on the top of the screen that gave me the ability to do alot of things, I could and still can not get it back. This has made drawing incredibly hard and took away alot of features. I no longer use the app nearly as often, and I have to say that I’m disappointed and are currently on the look for a new drawing app, all because of these little mistakes. Not only that, but 9/10 of the times that I DO use it, it glitches out and won’t let me draw or exit out of the app and therefor won’t let me log out of my computer as well. Please fix these bugs as soon as possible.
Disappointed - I had an Annual Subscription through the App Store. I loved the program. When the year was up I renewed and paid for the second year. SketchPro would not recognize my credential. I went through the SketchPro’s App support and still could not get the program to recognize my credentials. I lost all the brushes I had downloaded and was using. After several attempts to contact the support team, provided my screenshots of payment still No Response. After 5 weeks of trying to resolve my issue, I finally requested a refund which Apple gave me. I had to move on to another program. then about two weeks later I received a survey from the Support team asking How did we do solving your issue. they never solved it. I really liked this program but I am really disappointed in the support.
DO NOT GET!!! - its really good but it acts more like a virus than anything i cant shut down my computer without it telling me to close sketchbook when i close sketchbook it tells me the same thing i can never shut dowm my comper again and i cant seem to delete it it just won’t
Awful. - Fix this crap of an app!