Developer: Autodesk Inc.
Current Version: 8.4.1
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 83.7 MB - Download
Everyone, including professional illustrators, concept designers, comic artists, manga lovers, and the everyday doodler, will enjoy using Autodesk® SketchBook® - the digital drawing app made for everyone who loves to draw. An easy-to-use and customizable interface makes tools easily accessible, so artists always have convenient access to the power and flexibility of a digital tool while maintaining a natural drawing experience. Install the app to discover the power of SketchBook and start unlocking your creativity today.
There has been a complete overhaul of the brushes, starting with a whole new redesign of the Brush Library, which includes:
◆ New Natural Blend and Colorless brushes
o Pinning brush sets to the Brush Palette
o Redesigned Brush Properties window, which includes:
- Brush types
- Flow and Opacity control
- Stylus tilt and stamp scaling
- Improved texture capture workflow
- Import an image as a stamp texture
o Loading custom and purchased brushes
◆ Newly designed Color Editor
◆ Support for saving and exporting the SketchBook .skbrushes brush format
◆ Updated the textures for two of the Pastel brushes
The full power of SketchBook is unlocked with Pro membership, available right here in the Mac App Store. Pro members get exclusive access to all features across desktop and mobile versions of SketchBook, including:
• A comprehensive brush library with over 100 preset pencil, pens, markers, and brushes
• Customizable brushes for complete control over your artistic toolset
• SketchBook Motion - named iPad App of the Year for 2016 - is fully unlocked as a free app for SketchBook subscribers. Available as a separate download from iTunes.
• Full layer controls, including layer grouping, multiple layer transform, and layer blending modes
• Perspective Guides with 1 point, 2 point, 3 point, and fisheye modes
• FlipBook with an animation timeline to bring your creations to life
• Selection and distort transform tools to freely and easily manipulate your image
• Dynamic flood fills with solid, linear, and radial gradients for complete control
• Dynamic X and Y axis symmetry tools with movable symmetry lines
• Steady Stroke for smooth line art
• The exclusive digital edition of the full Copic® Color Library
SketchBook offers the following features to users without a Pro membership:
• A clean and unobtrusive interface
• Layer Editor that supports up to 3 layers for increased control over your drawings and sketches
• Full color spectrum control that includes swatches from the Copic Color Library
• Other workflow improvements, including selection, automatic save, and more
Unique to the Mac App Store version:
• Save files directly to iCloud, so you can access canvases from iOS versions of SketchBook
• Purchase and manage your SketchBook membership within the Mac App Store.
-Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
Visit www.sketchbook.com for tips, tutorials, the SketchBook blog, and support.
Most Helpful Reviews
The best drawing program on the market - This has become my default program for digital drawing and painting, over programs like Photoshop and Painter. The tools are fast and easy to use, and well-thought out; there isn't a lot of clutter on the screen; and I find it extremely easy to create with this. Unlike Photoshop, the tools you want aren't buried amongst 300 other options you'll never use. Unlike Painter, there's no lag on the brushstrokes. It comes with drawing guides (straight-edge, circles, boxes, french curves) which I use constantly. Saving colors to use repeatedly is intuitive - drag it to the pallette. Setting color hue, color intensity, opacity, and brush size is easier here than on any other program I've ever used. Sure, it's a subscription now. $25 a year isn't going to break the bank. The new animation, perspective, and gradient tools - which are MUCH better than Photoshop's - are worth that alone. And, although some people are reporting crashes, I've never had that happen; it's been perfectly stable and reliable for me. Note to the people missing functions: You'll need to sign up/in to gain access to the functions the previous lite version had. It's still free. Only the new tools require a subscription. TL/DR version: I LOVE THIS PROGRAM.
paid for a year and now it wants me to pay again. - I got the new 7.0.3 version yesterday and it crashed this morning and said to delete and redownload but once I did that, it says I have to pay for another year long membership after I already paid. What the hell is going on? I can’t find a fix for this yet and so I can’t even use the app even though I paid for it. When it was working however, it was a blast and had all the tools I dreamt of having in sketchbook. As soon as they fix it so it stops crashing I’ll highly recommend this drawing app.
More Reviews for Current Version
Fix Bugs Please - Most of the time, this app is pretty okay to use. I’ve been using it for a looong time. However, I’ve lost count of how many times it has crashed on me. Also, there’s one issue where sometimes the eraser tool decides to stop working, which sometimes causes the app to crash as well. The only way I’ve found to fix this problem is to delete the app and download it again. Which is a pain because then I have to re download my favorite brushes and tune up all their settings the way I had them before. I’m usually able to save my work when it crashes, but this time, the moment it crashed right before I decided to write this review, it failed to save the progress I had made on a project. Really getting fed up. MAKE SKETCHBOOK LESS TWITCHY PLEASE!!!
Crippled, not enough brushes, hobbyist-hostile subscription model - I was pretty excited to see a new app to try out with my bamboo tablet, but this one is crippled. Not only are there a very limited set of brushes, but we can’t even import our own. Worse still, there’s no way to simply buy an upgrade for a better version. Instead, Autodesk insists on forcing us to either subscribe to recurring fees or abandon upgrades altogether. I’d have been happy to pay for an upgrade I could keep but as someone who draws for fun only when I have time, the hassle of subscribing for a month here or there and then remember to cancel just isn’t worth it. I spend my mental energy on work and don’t want to have to squander it on junk like this. It’s really dissapointing that Apple chose this software as an editor pick.
Great For Beginners - This app, especially the free version, is great for any beginning designer and digital artist. Certainly, this program lacks the capabilities that say, Photoshop has, but its simple layout is hardly intimidating and I was able to master every aspect of the free version at my own pace within three months. Again, if you’re a digital artist that is looking for an advanced program with greater design aspects, programs from Adobe are much better.