AutoCAD LT 2013
Developer: Autodesk Inc.
Current Version: 2013.2
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 528.5 MB - Download
AutoCAD LT® 2013
Capture your design concepts with AutoCAD LT® 2013 drafting and detailing software, creating more precise 2D drawings that you can easily edit, repurpose, and share that communicate real-world dimensions and technical details. Providing native support for DWG™ technology, AutoCAD LT 2013 delivers the powerhouse tools you expect from AutoCAD LT software – along with an intuitive OS X® interface. Now it’s easier than ever to create design documentation on your platform of choice.
* Please be sure to check the system requirements below before purchase. This product is subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license agreement that accompanies download of the software, which is available for review by clicking the App License Agreement link on this page. Note that the AutoCAD LT 2013 App is delivered as unserialized media, and is therefore not eligible for upgrades or Autodesk Subscription.*
Use a comprehensive set of 2D drafting and detailing tools to produce precise technical drawings more accurately and efficiently.
Native Support for the Mac OS:
Create stunning designs in the familiar Mac environment. Pan and zoom with Multi-Touch gestures and find your designs quickly by using Cover Flow navigation to flip through graphical previews of your files.
Get Data Integrity:
Create drawings using the latest DWG technology and have confidence in data integrity when sharing your work. Maximize productivity by reducing time lost tackling corrupted or incompatible data.
AutoCAD LT 2013 software is compatible with other Autodesk® software products, making it easy for you to share files with colleagues and clients.
Share Files Electronically:
Electronically publish and distribute drawing sets in a single PDF file for faster, more secure collaboration.
•NEW Share and reuse designs by using PDF files as underlays in your drawings
•NEW Organize your drawing sets with Project Manager (Sheet Set Manager)
•Find the tools you need easily with contextual visors, multifunctional grips, and command auto-complete
•Reference information in other files by attaching DWG and image files to your drawings
•Add visual interest and clarity to your drawing by applying transparency for objects and layers
•Fully communicate your design intent with text, dimensions, and other annotations
•Reduce rework using the associative array feature, which makes editing arrayed objects quicker and easier
• Hardware Model ID: Mac Pro4,1 or later; MacBook® Pro 5,1 or later (MacBook Pro 6,1 or later recommended); iMac® 8,1 or later (iMac® 11,1 or later recommended); Mac mini® 3,1 or later (Mac mini 4,1 or later recommended); MacBook Air ®2,1 or later; MacBook® 5,1 or later (MacBook 7,1 or later recommended)
• Operating system: OS X® v10.7 or later (OS X v10.7.2 or later recommended); OS X v10.6.8 or later
• CPU: 64-bit Intel® processor
• Memory: 3GB RAM (4GB recommended)
• Hard disk: Download and installation 2.5GB free (3GB recommended)
• Graphics card: All graphics cards on supported hardware
• Display resolution: 1280 x 800 with True Color (1600 x 1200 with True Color recommended)
• Keyboard: U.S. or U.K. keyboard layout
• Pointing device: Apple® Mouse, Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, MacBook Pro trackpad, or MS-compliant mouse
• Printers: All OS X-compliant printers
Image Courtesy of Castro Mello Architects
Version 2013.2 fixed compatibility issues on Mac OS X Mavericks and improved overall stability. Bugs fixed in this version include:
• Multiple compatibility issues on Mavericks.
• Newly created button does not show in the Tool Sets palette.
• Find and Replace dialog now keeps the view with finding result after dialog dismissed.
• Palette position is not remembered in certain situation on single monitor.
• AutoCAD hangs when import some kind of corrupted hatch patterns.
• Slow response when move cursor over the layer dropdown menu on Layers palette.
• AutoCAD hangs when open some drawings with excessive layer filters.
• The OPEN dialog now responds to the File Format selection.
• Performance becomes slow when using Hatch a lot.
• The plotted PDF file size is too large if the plotstyle is using Milter/Bevel/Round Line join style.
• Page setup dialog now shows correct paper size when a different printer is selected.
• Page setup dialog now shows readable paper size name.
• AutoCAD now does not show the Select template dialog when plotting drawings with unreconciled layers.
• Object plot style property cannot be changed through the Properties Inspector.
• Status Bar refreshes heavily when work in Layout.
• Sometimes the SELECTIONPREVIEW system variable is set to 0 during drawing edit and zoom.
Most Helpful Reviews
VERY close to Windows version - I have been using ACAD since the days of version 10 in DOS (before Windows). There is a little getting accustomed to the new command layout, and you don't have FULL functionality yet of every command. However, I am a structural engineer who prefers macs for their stability and reliability. I was having trouble with the Windows version on Parallels, likely due to the age of my hardware and limited memory. I was glad to get this upgrade and am pleased that I can use it natively on my macs. I am very pleased with this version--especially when compared with the first attempts some years ago. Another issue to consider is that if we, as a design community, do not support Autodesk's outreach to the mac community, we run the risk of this being their last attempt. I would like to see Revit LT for mac out next since I am more comfortable not going through another software layer of using a VM to get what I need done.
So Far…. - I recentlly updated from 2012LT for Mac which had its quirks but was quite solid. Upon first install evrything was working much smoother. First day of regular use the program generated 21,000+ errors in my existing file. When I did the recovery all came back except it turned a number of layers in my attached xref into new objects on the 0 layer. Second day of use the program will not even launch without crashing. For now I will have to go back to 2012 until Autodesk gets their s*#! together. If they pull it together, I will update my review. MBP 6,2, OS 10.8.2, 8GB RAM