Developer: Audulus LLC
Current Version: 3.4.1
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 24.8 MB - Download
Audulus is a minimalist modular audio processing application. Design sound from first principles.
▶ Winner of Electronic Musician Magazine Editor's Choice Award, 2017
"Audulus 3 is out and is stunning!" - Richard Devine, devinesound.net
"beautiful interface" - Peter Kirn, createdigitalmusic.com
▶ Run Audulus as an Audio Unit inside other apps! ◀
With Audulus, you can build synthesizers, design new sounds, or process audio. All with low latency real-time processing suitable for live performance. Audulus's user interface is clean, simple, and easy to learn, allowing you to focus on sound.
"The biggidy bomb coolest most super tech-nerd fun times soft synth I've bought in recent times!"
- Mac App Store Australia review
"Love this App. It has one of the best UIs I've ever used."
- USA Mac App Store review
"Remarkable gesture control"
▶ Visit our forum for exciting user-created patches! ◀
▶ Key Features:
• fluid interface - smooth animated interaction
• MIDI control - use your control surface or MIDI keyboard
• presets - quickly change between settings
• unlimited history - everything you do is stored
• polyphony - process multiple voices
• encapsulation - group nodes into sub-patches
• diverse nodes - from ADSR to ZeroCross
• audio unit version - run Audulus as an Audio Unit inside other apps (free download)
• iCloud support - effortlessly sync patches between Mac and iPad
▶ Featured Built-in Modules:
• 5ms Revolving Clock Divider
• Touch Feedback Clock
• Ms. Torsion Distortion
• Fibonacci Sequence
• Fab Five Rectifying LFO
• The Warpeggiator
• Scale Quantizer
• Cyclone Matrix Mixer
...and many more!
▶ Built-in Nodes:
• Virtual Analog Oscillator (4 waveforms)
• ADSR Envelope
• Noise Generator
• Mathematical Modules: Addition, Multiplication, Subtraction, Sine, Modulo
• Random Number Generator
• MIDI controlled Keyboard
• MIDI assignable trigger
• 16-Step Sequencer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Pitch Shifter
• Constant Value
• Mapper Curve
• Piecewise-linear Spline Curve
• 4-Channel Mixer
• Level Meter
• Value Meter
• Scrolling Waveform Meter
• Polyphonic to Monophonic signal mixer
• Global Time
• Zero-crossing Counter
• Audio Unit Plug-in
• Custom Nodes - build your own modules!
• Math expression module -34 Math nodes in one!
• Timing mode - figure out which nodes are using the most CPU!
• Switch pack - two nodes for signal routing, more to come!
• Poly pack - Stereo and Quadraphonic processing!
▶ Recommended Hardware: Mid 2010 Mac. May not run well on older hardware. Intel GMA 950 Graphics is not supported. ◀
- Bug fixes.
Most Helpful Reviews
Finally, a modular synth I can afford! (update) - Just a quick update to my earlier review. I wanted to take a moment to mention the excellent support the people at Audulus provide for this application. The few issues I have had with the application have all been addressed promptly and all my questions have been responded to within a few days at most. The user forum at Audulus is a great place for new ideas and user contributed patches. The new 3.3.2 version is running smoothly and continues to improve.
More Reviews for Current Version
Finally, a modular synth I can afford! (update) - Without a doubt Audulus continues to be the preeminent soft modular synthesizer available for either the macOS or iOS platform. With a clean, minimalist user interface design, a huge variety of nodes, factory supplied prebulit modules, and outstanding performance it is one of the best. The latest 3.4 update adds significant new functionality including the new ADC and DAC nodes which enable Audulus to be connected to a wide variety of multichannel digital audio interfaces including the Expert Sleepers ES-8 USB interface. This allows Audulus to easily interact with traditional modular rack synthesizers as well as a wide variety of digital audio interfaces. With each new update the product continues to improve, with more undoubtly on the way. Truely the Minecraft of music making! With a vibrant user community and outstanding support, Audulus is a great way to explore all aspects of digital music creation. The latest update brings Audulus up to date with macOS High Sierra and once again demonstrates the ongoing support for the app.
Awesome - Very cool, endless possibilities really for a pretty affordable price. If you’re looking to get into programming logic & building your own modular synthesizer from scratch with no limitations, this is it!