Auction Sniper for eBay
Developer: Picture Engine Company, Inc.
Current Version: 5.3.6
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 1.6 MB - Download
● An eBay sniper is a tool to let you bid at the last moment of an auction automatically, so no one can counter your bid by a few cents, now you win the ones you really want, for the price you want them.
● Adjust bid time between 10 seconds and 2 seconds before end of auction, Enter your Maximum price you would pay, and the snipe automatically bids only what is needed to win, using only your Maximum price if that is what is needed to win.
◉ Caution: If you have a Mac that is not connected to the internet much of the time, that is not a good candidate for this app. This app does not send your info to a server, It is self contained. ◉
● Play your cards close to your vest, and your eBay bids even closer by doing your own eBay Auction sniping with absolute full personal control, even alerts that let you know if your bid has become too low all through the auction, not once a day, but within 7 to 12 mins of it happening. NO other app or service can do this. No one can come close to the many functions that this App provides you, not even eBay. And because of it's dual modes, you can mix and match just what you need for each Auction, fee free FOR LIFE. This app actually makes eBay useful again.
● This App has two modes, You can either have the app automatically snipe/(bid) for you at the last moment on an eBay auction, or you can set custom alerts so that you can snipe/(bid) in person at the last moment, or even combine the two for exactly what you want in an eBay sniper, along with getting alerts for free. And the alerts go to all your devices when using both iCloud and this app's companion iPhone/iPad App.
● Use 'Cluster' bidding, bid on several auctions of a related item, and when one wins, all the other auctions are canceled automatically.
● With the iPhone companion app available in the App Store, you can set an auction snipe on the road, and your mac app at home will automatically register the new snipe or even changes to a snipe and do the last minute bidding for you.
◉ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ●●●● First mode ●●●● ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◉
To have the app snipe for you automatically, just follow the steps 1,2,3,4 at the bottom of the window in the app.
∙ ∙ also see "How to set up your Macintosh" in the help menu in the app (or at main web site in upper right corner of this page) set up is important, you should read it before purchasing. ∙ ∙
(the iPhone/iPad companion App also has all the functionality of this App, and all the snipes are shared through iCloud between the two companion apps near instantaneously.) (iPhone app will not bid while it is background though, so it really should be used with this app or a dedicated old iPhone as a main "server")
◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦
◉ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ●●●● Second mode ●●●● ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◉
● To snipe in person, first go to your preferences in the bottom right of the window and set up the alert times you want triggered before an auction's end. Then go to an auction with an end time. A new button in the bottom of the window will light up, click on 'Add to Calendar' and you've added that auction to your Device's Calendar with the preset alerts.
● With iCloud and the companion iPhone/iPad app, your new Calendar events will also sync to all your other devices and Calendars for seamless alerts automatically so your entire digital arsenal is alerted.
● A link back to the listing is saved with your alerts, so when an alert appears, simply touch on "view" and you'll see a link to the listing for immediate action.
◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦
● You will be pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to set up a snipe, or set up alerts.
● See the do's and don'ts and other FAQ's at the App Website, click on the main "Web Site" link to the upper right of this text.
Found and fixed a few bugs that could interfere with eBay sign in: (click on more for details)
last few updates:
0) improved cluster bidding
0a) improvements through out app that makes it even easier to snipe.
1) improved the apps ability to handle even more snipes, depending on stability of your internet connection
2) sort snipe list by date button.
3) see the current pricing of all the auctions in one place now in the sniping watch list.
4) see your max snipe price of all the auctions in one place now in the sniping watch list.
5) see the end time of all the auctions in one place now in the sniping watch list.
6) see how much time is remaining of all the auctions in one place now in the sniping watch list.
added robustness to the eBay sign-in, so you should only need to sign in one time to eBay.
My promise to you is that as eBay changes, and Apple adds new app capabilities, I will continually improve the app so it is as effortless for you as possible to win eBay auctions.
My “Pay it forward” to you.
First update this sniper app and explore the new features, and if you've "won a few" in the past and like the new features, click on this "Mac App Store" app again, then the "Purchases" tab at the top of the window, and then click on the sniper app's title to write a review. Look for "Write a Review > " near middle of page, also you can email me directly in the "Preferences" button within your sniper app with any suggestions you might have for the app, as always, I'll get back to you ASAP.
Thoughtful reviews provide an incentive for the large expenditure of time it takes for me to continually improve the app so it is your best tool you reach for, and the best app it can possibly be, period.
Most Helpful Reviews
great support, and in the end, a fantastic eBay sniper tool. - I’ve used this app for a while and can give a good going over. Set up is slightly long if you go the route of having your Mac be able to wake up to snipe, but once you figure it out the bonus is you only have to do it once. :) Auction snipes are easy to start, and I’ve done many snipes with no problems. Customer support is ideal, can’t get much better, they return my emails, and do it very quickly, with intelligent answers. The “cluster bidding” is fantastic, works well. you can set up a group of bids, so that when one wins, the other auctions are canceled. excellent. when you want something, but see many choices and don’t want to miss one, while trying to win another. The app is simple to use.. actually a pleasure to use after the initial setup. you can see all your snipes in a “watch list” at a glance, with all of my snipe bids displayed and can change, edit, move them around and delete them with ease. How does it compare to other ways of doing ebay sniping? I personally find this method of eBay sniping ideal. It gives me personal control and I don’t have to send my ebay password to some web server like other methods. All in all a fine experience and app and customer support.
10 minutes of instructions and settings…if you get it right - This app has additional downloads and 10 minutes of set up instructions just to get it working. I’ve used several Ebay tools and this is EASILY the most clunky. Save yourself some aggravation and find another tool.
More Reviews for Current Version
The only way to multi-snipe - After JBidwatcher’s multi-snipe feature stopped working, I looked far and wide to find another program that would allow me to bid on multiple similar items at once, then stop bidding when one is won. This is just about the only option I found, and it’s a good one. The user interface is a little clunky and confusing at times, but it works well, and has good integration with the iOS client (unfortunately multi-snipe is not yet available on iOS). I’ve won several auctions with it, and if you learn how to use it properly (make sure to read the Help!), it works great.
Hands Down The Best in its Category on winning on Ebay - ******U P D A T E****** How can one Express the commitment this Developer has to his wonderful Program ? If I could I’d rate this App 10 Stars across the board. Never have I ever had an encounter of a Developer that will immediately reply to any issues you may have with his wonderful program, like this Developer. For the small investment in this app, I have been rewarded 10 Fold with Auction WINS. So, if you want a great program, at a great Price, with countless Support, that will repay you with Auction Wins, This is it, so go ahead and click that Buy Button I assure you, you won’t be disappointed. *****U P D A T E ***** This App when setup Correctly, works as it should. I was in contact with the developer and Apologized to him personally, This app works 100% flawlessly, it was my settings that created the issues I was encountering. btw: Did I mention the Developer is very passionate in his way of respoding with any issues you may have, I never had to wait hours or days to receive a response from the developer, and once he does respond to any issue you may have encountered he’s with you until it is resolved. once again - Applelogies to the Developer, I am changing my Star Value to Five across the Board, honestly with there were more Stars this app and the developer Win’s them hands down… Thank You for developing such a wonder and reliable app. ***** U P D A T E ***** Holy Cow, is this Developer One of the Best and Commited to his Application working its Finest for everyone who purchases it, I know he has gone far and beyond with me, anytime I have an issue I email him, and within minutes a reply, I never seen anyone be so devoted and attentive i making certain all questions are addressed to the customers satisfaction as this Developer. So Kudos to him, for those that haven’t purchased this app, all I can tell you, in doing so, it won’t ever get old, he is constantaly updating it, and his tech support is far superior than even Apple, if I could add another few stars to the rating of the software I would, 5 falls way short to what you receive in both the smoothness of the app and customer support, if I rated this progem from outside the realm of Apple it would easily garner 10 Stars accross the board...
AWESOME bidding app with perfect support - This is the best auction app for the Mac out there. The creator is always keeping up with changes at Ebay, and communicates VERY well. Have tried other similar apps in the past, but this one is the BEST, most reliable, and has great communication with the developer. WONDERFUL!!!
Works Nicely! - I have a bad habit of getting sidetracked or forgetting about eBay auctions; this app takes care of that and helps to prevent exccessive bidding. You can increase the amount you are willing to bid without driving the price up because it doesn’t bid until a preset time before the auction ends (which also prevents counter bids.) I just won my first auction with Auction Sniper and I can’t wait to use some the more advanced features!