Current Version: 2.0
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 2 MB - Download
Assigner is the easiest, fastest way for teachers to create and share assignments (with handouts) on the internet.
Assignments in Assigner can be detailed with:
* A Title and Details.
* Handouts (you can attach any document on your Mac). Handouts published on other devices (Mac, Web) are transferred to the Assigner app. Assigner can view attached files for which iOS has a viewer. Only attached files smaller than 10MB will be uploaded to http://www.assignmentspot.com
* Points Possible.
* Category (user definable, including color).
* Web Links.
Assigner users can synchronize assignments to the web or another copy of Assigner running on a different Mac or an iOS device using http://www.assignmentspot.com. Students, parents and other interested parties can see your assignments online but you can restrict access using a self-assigned passcode. Registered users can add and edit assignments via the web, too.
* Assigner is a now a free application.
* Assigner syncs assignments to your online account (and to other devices running the app).
* You can create a free trial account for the online service and easily subscribe to keep using the service.
* Various bug fixes and performance enhancements (especially surrounding syncing speed).
Most Helpful Reviews
The beginning of something great - I recently purchased this app after having used their other app "Planbook". I have to say that for v.1.0 I am impressed so far. For my macbook, the app is easy to use and allows me to have an online reference for my students to know when assignments are issued and are due. For a 21st century world where everything is online, I feel as though this is a great way for students and parents to keep track of the assignments that I expect from them. With a quick link on my main teaching website, I feel that this is the beginning of a great app that will prove it's worth over the course of it's lifetime.
Crashes, wants you to register - One minute after installing it, it tried to get me to create an online account which would make my posts public, with no setting to make posts private. When I tried to cancel that, it crashed and I had to force-quit.
More Reviews for Current Version
Bummed about the paid sync - I would love to give this a good rating but the fact that it’s a subscription service puts me right off. With other lesson planning/scheduling apps, syncing through something like DropBox seems like a simpler option and doesn’t cost something every month. The service is nice and useful but I don’t think it’s worth a subscription fee. For that reason, I’ll have to pass. I would have paid for the app ($5, maybe?) rather than pony-up money every month for a service that I can re-create with not too much effort for free. Bummed.