Developer: Mapdiva, LLC
Current Version: 2.0.4
Last Updated: 5 months ago
Download Size: 57.5 MB - Download
Graphic design software for creative people. Simple, powerful, fun. The affordable alternative. Try now!
Professional quality drawing tools with a fresh MacOS feel. Create crisp vector graphics, sharp logos, pixel-perfect icons and layered illustrations.
>> Gold Award ‘Best Mac Drawing App’ from TopTen Reviews! <<
Draw with fabulous shapes, flowing curves, and beautifully rendered text. Artboard's speed and responsiveness are complemented by smart techniques for interacting with objects. Delivers with a library of over 1900 fully editable vector styles & clipart.
For new and experienced creatives.
“This is what vector drawing should be. It’s simple to the point of not getting in the way of creativity, but complex enough to compete with any vector package out there.” - Artboard User
What makes Artboard special?
• AT YOUR FINGERTIPS CONTROL – The familiar Mac interface makes you feel right at home. Style, Geometry, Text and Layer Tabs expose Artboard's powerful features. No more digging through menus to find edit commands. Keep your attention where it belongs – on your drawing canvas.
• SUPER SMART DRAWING TOOLS – The most advanced smart objects let you modify shapes and paths with ease. “Live” adjust all vector shapes, paths, and curves with a single, direct Select tool.
• MORE POWERFUL STYLES EDITOR – Go way beyond simple stroke and fill styles of basic illustration software. Artboard’s Style Tab is used to create and edit awesomely expert “stacked” styles (including arrowed strokes, rough strokes, pattern brushes, gradients, image tile, patterned and hatched fills, and more).
• EDITABLE CLIP ART & STYLES – Built-in library of over 1900 Styles & Clip Art includes brilliant pattern brushes, cool color swatches, stylish shapes, maps and flags, flowcharts, floor plan and landscaping, and hundreds more. And these aren’t just standard clip art images – they are crisp vector graphics that you can completely change the size, color and design of to make your own.
• TIME-SAVING WORKFLOWS – Advanced print and export options. Export your drawing, selected objects, individual layers, and/or “slices” of your drawing, at multiple resolutions and scales, supporting multiple Color Spaces.
• TEMPLATES – Flexible templates help small businesses, students, hobbyist and 2D game designers get started on their projects quickly, such as making business cards, posters, pixel perfect icons, and right-sized social media graphics.
What else does Artboard provide that the other guys don’t? A website loaded with support and training such as User Forums, clearly illustrated User Guide, Sample Files and Design Tutorials. Check it out.
FAST FRIENDLY HELP… from real people.
QUESTIONS? PLEASE CONTACT US FIRST.
Sorry, we cannot respond to comments left on the Mac App Store.
ARTBOARD 2: SIMPLE. POWERFUL. FUN.
OTHER NOTABLE FEATURES
• Photo / Image Editing
• Shrink-To-Fit and Poster Tiled Printing
• Drawing Units: mm, cm, in, points
• Expandable Layers
• Graph Paper
• Linear & Polar Duplicate
• Pen Tablet Support
Supported File Formats:
IMPORT – Artboard’s Image Browser to import TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, image-PDF (non-editable), PICT, and editable vector SVG 1.1 files. Directly open Artboard ARTB and SVG 1.1 files.
EXPORT – Vector PDF (native AI file format); JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF and TIFF image formats. Export your entire drawing, individual layers, perfect sized “Slices” of smaller areas of your drawing, or individual selected objects. Supports color spaces including sRGB, RGB and CMYK, transparent backgrounds, multiple scales and resolutions.
Complete release notes on our website.
• A crash that could occur when closing a window in a full-screen session was fixed.
• When setting a simulated paper color, any selected color well elsewhere in the app is now deactivated, so that the color panel only sets the simulated paper color. In addition, a bug where the color panel could be left in an inconsistent state was fixed.
• Added 'Paste Path on Object' command to right-click menu for text paths.
• An issue was fixed where pressing keys on the keyboard during drags in some circumstances could leave the Undo stack in an unclosed state which caused problems for subsequent operations.
• When opening image files from the Open menu, documents are now opened as Untitled. The layer containing the image is set to the original filename. This now also applies to SVG images, so the behaviour in those cases is harmonised.
• Export 'transparent' setting is now saved correctly and is no longer forced 'on' if the user previously set it 'off'.
Most Helpful Reviews
Hidden gem - This app in my opinion is one of those hidden gems on the Mac App Store. I use it to create vector illustrations for 2D games as well as GUI elements for various projects. I love Artboard’s small footprint as well as very little memory usage, which allows me to take my work on the road. I have no problems with large canvas projects and it’s all on a MacBook 12” Retina. It’s quick to create simple to complex objects with it’s “smart” objects feature and typing text on paths is so simple I am looking at my old projects to improve on… even though you can achieve things with ease… but don’t let this fool you… this app can go head to head with the much more complex and expensive apps.