Current Version: 0.9.5
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 8.7 MB - Download
Archy is an application that revolutionizes the experience with Google Drive. The cloud is back in your hands! Share, edit and preview your files like never before!
Simply drag and drop any file you want on Archy and automatically choose from all your contacts to share it. Your accounts' contacts are available, complemented also with all your Facebook friends. Easily change their rights, whether you want them to view only or also edit the document.
All the files are automatically synced with Google Drive, which gives an instantaneous access to them from any computer, tablet or mobile phone.
• Unified environment - all your Google accounts in one app.
• Open and edit all your Google Drive files on the local app or via web.
• Preview all types of files.
• Display your Google files by hierarchy - navigate within their containing folders, just like working with Apple Finder.
• Facebook support - complete your gmail contacts with your facebook friends. Profile pictures and full names makes collaboration more social.
• Simple sharing - drag and drop a file from the desktop to Archy, choose or change the permissions and much more.
• Offline Support - Archy requires no internet connection. Work normally and when reconnecting all changes made will be synchronized automatically.
• Notifications – Archy notifies you with all shared files and all changes made by your contacts within all your Google accounts.
• Search - Archy includes a powerful engine that makes all files easy to find. Even those that are not visible because of being inside folders.
• Extended Sidebar - It allows you to see and access all your files and folders directly in the main window.
• Available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Italian, French, German, Ukranian, Portuguese (Brazil) and Catalan.
• Retina Display support.
This version synchronizes all the content of your Google Drive Accounts into your Mac. On the next version you will be able to select only the folders you want to synchronize and therefore minimize the space used by Archy.
Finding your documents is now easier with a more flexible search engine.
Increased stability through multiple crash fixes.
This update also improves overall performance and compatibility.
Most Helpful Reviews
Not just a wrapper! - This looks and feels like a google-made app. It is really useful for just about everything - editing, viewing, and sorting. It's great for small/short screens with the fullscreen editor, and even downloads the Word documents locally. Other cool features: - Smooth, clean interface - Many ways to sort documents - Document previews and search documents - Displays/manages google contacts - Did I mention the great interface? Suggestions: - Sync in-document chat to notifications - Option to disable/choose which folders/files to download and sync - Left/right swipe still doesn't work for me - When closing main window, clicking on the icon in the dock doesn't restore the main window again if there are editing windows open Keep in mind that this app is still in a semi-beta state, so there are known bugs. For an app that focused on looks and ease of use, it provides a lot more functionality than you think! Overall, this app does everything that you wanted Google's Drive app to do in a nice interface.
So much promise, FAIL - So, I saw this app and instantly wanted it and was going to buy pro version and everything. But, after installing and signing into my 2 accounts … it does not work at all. Just sits there and says “Error”. I can’t even remove my accounts to try and re-create them. Could have REALLY been a great app. But, I can’t even give it 2 stars because I can’t get it to work. FAIL! Do not waste your time or money with this. I’m now seeing other people with the same problem.
More Reviews for Current Version
A once useful tool - left abandoned(?) - I started using Archy in 2014 and absolutely enjoyed it. I received upfront alerts when anyone in my company was updating a document and could compose documents straight from my desktop. Approximately 6 months ago, iOS made an update and since, Archy reports that my browser isn’t up to date, that it needs to be a certain version or higher… well guess what Archy? It’s a lot higher than what you’re asking for. I’d love for an update to be made to Archy so that it could be useful again, but alas, I might end up uninstalling it instead. I hope the team behind Archy find the steam to return to maintaining the app. It’s pretty great and I’d love to return to using it.
Highly recommended! - Using Archy halps me to save so much time! I don't need anymore to log into my different gmail accounts. Also, its design looks excellent and the 'drag and drop' feature is very productive. Congrats! Keep it up!
Beautiful and very helpful - I dont't know about you, but I hate to leave the browser open just because I have GDocs or GMail on. That was before Archy. It's exactly what I wanted, and beyond. If you use multiple Google accounts and hate to switch them all the time or have two browsers open for each, then Archy is worth trying out.
It isn’t working for me - It seems to work very good if I add a few files to the program. The problem is it won’t sync a folder. It starts to but quickly stops. When I try and restart the sync it actually recreates the folder and starts over. I hadto remove 7 folders all with the same name. I would love it if it worked. I do not have the premium features enabled. $9 seems steep to me as I don’t need multiple accounts. I tried for 2 days to get this to work… It simply will not work for me.
Holy CPU, Batman! - Huge CPU and Memory hog! Turned off notifications and notifications for Document updates, sitting idle not even visible on screen and CPU is at 48%, Memory at 275Mb on my Macbook Pro. Sheesh!