Araxis Replace In Files
Developer: Araxis Ltd
Current Version: 2012.234
Last Updated: 25 days ago
Download Size: 2.8 MB - Download
Araxis Replace In Files helps you find and replace text quickly, even across thousands of source code, HTML, XML or other text files. Use it to update copyright notices, product names, version numbers, or anything else you can think of.
‣ Preview search results and work interactively, or replace all matches in one go.
‣ Restrict searches to particular file types.
‣ Process files with different text encodings (ASCII, UTF-8, UTF-16, etc.)
‣ Match exact text, or optionally broaden your search using regular expressions (regex).
Araxis Replace In Files is delightfully easy to use.
Note: Araxis Replace In Files is not intended to work with binary-format files such as Microsoft Word or Pages documents.
For support using Araxis Replace In Files, please contact Araxis using the support link in the Mac App Store.
‣ OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion is now supported. This replaces support for OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard. Customers using Snow Leopard may, of course, continue to use RIF 2011.123.
‣ The application icon artwork has been updated for Retina displays. The application itself continues its full support of Retina display resolutions.
‣ Support for OS X Lion and Mountain Lion fullscreen mode has been added.
‣ RIF runs in a security sandbox on OS X Lion and Mountain Lion.
‣ Numerous minor cosmetic improvements have been made to the user interface.
‣ Minor improvements have been made to the online help.
‣ The redundant Notifications tab has been removed from the Preferences window.
‣ The navigate-to-next-match down-arrow button is now disabled when last match is selected and that match has a warning.
‣ When the last line is selected and then removed, the first remaining match is now automatically selected.
‣ When using Lion’s resume feature, a restored application window with files and/or folders in the search pane will now search those items when a search is started.
‣ The minus button is now disabled when there are no folders or files listed in the table of files and folders to search.
‣ Due to limitations with the OS X security sandbox, backups are no longer made when modifying files added individually to the ‘Choose files and folders to search’ table. Backups continue to be made (if the appropriate preference is enabled) when modifying files found under folders added to the ‘Choose files and folders to search’ table.
More Reviews for Current Version
Used on a few times - First of all, I've used Araxis merge for over 10 years. I can't imagine doing development without it. It integrate nicely with GIT and SVN clients and does an excellent job helping to tease out difference in folders or files. I love the three-way merge. When I started doing iOS development I came across Araxis Replace in Files. Like Merge it's a well-polished tool that makes major updates to source code MUCH easier than trying to do it via Xcode. Strongly recommended.
Would be better if had an exclude option - I like the design of this app. It would be better if you could exclude files from certain directories, e.g. I want to filter out anything that is in a ".git", "node_modules", or "target" folder but see everything else.
Great app - It’s very cool application for batch replacing text or code in multiple files including recursive folders. Only one issue - you have to press button «Start search» each time, instead of pressing «Enter» button.
Does One Trick Well, (and Probably More) - I use ARIF to change the font attributes in CSS files created by Adobe Muse so that the proper fonts will show on PCs and mobile devices. It retains the last settings, so I never have to retype. I just make two clicks and it fixes 30 pages in about two seconds. I am sure it can do more, but it does exactly what I need easily.
Mr. - Does not work as advertised. Would stay away from this program.