Developer: Upper Room, Inc.
Current Version: 5.20.525
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 580.6 MB - Download
ArabBible is an innovative and powerful app, designed to help English-speakers interactively learn the Classical Arabic of the Arabic Bible.
FROM A JOURNAL REVIEW...
“ArabBible is the most sophisticated and comprehensive aid available for students of the Arabic New Testament. Packed with features that will enhance any student’s understanding of the Arabic New Testament, ArabBible fills a significant gap in this important area of study.”
FROM A PROFESSOR OF MIDDLE EASTERN STUDIES...
“You can’t imagine how much easier my own Arabic language studies would have been had I had a tool like ArabBible.”
• Complete grammatical explanations for every single word in the Arabic New Testament, plus 26 Old Testament books (~260,000 words). Click on any word to find a wealth of lexical and syntactical information. Not only is there a dictionary entry for each word, but contextual details are included as well. Grammatical analysis is something not even the best dictionary can provide.
• Covers the entire New Testament, plus a growing number of crucial Old Testament portions (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Ruth, Ezra, Esther, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs, Isaiah, Lamentations, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi).
• Full-screen capability.
• Compare Arabic text with an English Bible version: KJV, NKJV, ESV, or NIV.
• Back translation into English helps you see the structure of the literal Arabic at a glance. It can immediately remove the confusion involved in understanding a particular verse or word.
• High-quality audio recitation capability for each verse in the New Testament. The Scriptures are carefully read by a native Arabic-speaker.
• Capability to slow down audio recitation to 50% of normal reading speed without reducing quality.
• Verse notes help clarify difficult passages. They also point out important, unusual or interesting issues concerning the verse. Using the notes is like having an Arabic expert sitting right beside you.
• Bible Concordance. ArabBible features a 'smart searcher' that provides for a much more comprehensive and accurate search than a typical word-search function. This is especially critical in Arabic, as a word may include prefixes and/or suffixes, and so may obscure the actual word core being sought. Amazingly, this Concordance will match a word that appears in ANY form!
• Root Analyzer. It is widely recognized that having a good understanding of words grouped by root will flatten the learning curve required for Arabic vocabulary acquisition. When you select an Arabic root, ArabBible will compile a listing of all root-related words used in Scripture.
• Most Frequently Used Words. The most efficient and satisfying way to retain the vocabulary of Scripture is to focus on learning those words which appear most frequently, and leave the more obscure words until you have a better grasp of the language. But how do you know which words occur often and which do not? ArabBible solves this problem for you by presenting a list of the most frequently used words in Scripture. You can choose how many words you want to be presented with, and what kinds of words.
• Chapter Vocabulary. Grouping words in a particular chapter can greatly help memorization. ArabBible facilitates this with the Chapter Glossary section. All the words of a particular chapter may be viewed and printed out, being grouped by part of speech.
• Verb Conjugator. With one button click, a selected verb is conjugated for you. Conjugation can sometimes be difficult for the beginner to remember, and this kind of grammatical aid clarifies not only the verb in context, but also gives a quick reminder as to how a certain kind of verb is parsed. Even for an advanced-level student, an occasional visit to the Verb Conjugator can help, especially when checking infrequently used verbs, uncommon forms, or verbs that simply defy explanation.
• Added the book of Ezra.
• Faster Database Responsiveness.
Most Helpful Reviews
Phenomenal! - I've never written a review for anything before, but couldn't let this opportunity pass by. I cannot speak highly enough of this app. For those who have studied, or would like to study, Arabic - it is designed very, very well. It provides the ability to read and listen, you have word-by-word translation and conceptual translation, and you have a grammatical breakdown of the words (pronouns, prefixes, definition, case, etc.). It's a phenomenal opportunity to combine language maintenance training with a study of the Word. My only hope is that the designers of this app can expand this software to include other books or articles, to encourage learning and retention of the widest vocabulary base possible.