App for Instagram - App with Menu Bar Tab & Window Experience - It's About Time
Developer: It's About Time Products
Current Version: 1.4.2
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 2.2 MB - Download
**** $4.99 HOLIDAY DISCOUNT PRICE!!! *****
MAJOR discount on many of our apps! Click "More by It's About Time" on the right to see all our discounted apps!
This app was built by Instagram lovers for Instagram lovers!
Features of App for Instagram:
• Menu bar feed - View all the photos & videos of everyone you're following*
• Notifications when your feed is updated**
• Responsive design based on app size
• Window mode - When you want view your Instagram feed outside of the menu bar, simply open the menu bar app and click the window mode button on the bottom right.
• Create a keyboard shortcut to open App for Instagram
• Customize border color
• Float the menu bar panel on top of all windows
• Control opacity of experience and only fully show the app when your mouse is in the panel.
* The app launches in the menu bar with an instagram icon. If you have too many apps in your menu bar or your menu bar is filled with text, click on the Finder icon in the Dock (smiley face on the bottom left) and App for Instagram should appear on the right side of the menu bar. From there, we recommend going to the preferences of the app and creating a keyboard shortcut to open the app anytime without needing to see the icon.
**To turn off Notifications:
• Go to the Apple on the top left of your screen
• Click System Preferences
• Click Notifications
• Click App for Instagram
• Set the settings you prefer
Note: An Instagram account is required to use app. To get an Instagram account, open the free Instagram app on your iOS device and register an account.
• Optimization from customer email
Thank you for the emails!
Most Helpful Reviews
INSTAGRAM PROBLEM RESOLVED!!! - I too had just purchased INSTAGRAM app for MAC and THOUGHT I couldn’t open it. So I contacted the developer and quickly got a response. He asked me to send him a screen shot. Which when I did, he quickly saw the problem. The icon is up at the top of the screen next to your wi fi symbol. I clicked on it and there is my INSTAGRAM!!!! Great support. Very helpful.
You can ONLY view, no uploading! - This is just an icon to connect you to the instagram you can get on safari for free. No uploading photos, no searching, ONLY access to your home screen. Total waste of money!
More Reviews for Current Version
Can’t upload images from desktop - I always read reviews. Especially before paying $5 for an app. I read them and all issues seemed to be minor and matter of opinion. But I wish I would’ve known that you cannot upload images from your desktop. So pretty much I just paid $5 to have it simply show my the feed on my desktop. This isn’t important to me. As a photographer I was looking forward to being able to upload images right from my desktop instead of having to text images to myself in order to upload on phone. So from a photographer stand point this app for the desktop is pointless. Maybe the developers can add this feature?
Does what I want - Simple. I use app for instagram every day. I like having it in the menu bar.
Big surprise! Should have know better with all the bad reviews! - All it is, is the free version that they con you into paying for. You can not upload anything via this app on a macbook. Refund requested and false advertising will be reported to Apple. Un. Real.
Doesn’t Upload Photos - I wish I would have read the reviews. I too, just wasted $5. I wanted to download photos from my laptop. Waste.
LOVE IT - Love having Instagram a click away. Thanks!