App Cleaner & Uninstaller
Preview Installed Applications and Remove Service Files to Complete Uninstall.
App Cleaner - The best app to remove applications service files on Mac OS X and uninstalling applications*.
Delete application's service files. Make sure they aren't eating up precious space on your Mac with this helpful app that does the legwork for you.
Disable unneeded login items to launch Mac faster.
Get PRO features and remove even System Extensions.
Main Gained Value - Speed up Your Mac by:
• deleting apps' files taking performance resources
• deleting debris of apps that were simply put into Trash
• managing all types of service files (caches, logs, preferences, etc.)
• removing unneeded System Extensions
• removing login items and disabling startup programs
Main Advantage: App Cleaner deletes Remains (or leftovers) - files of previously removed apps.
Thus, you uninstall applications completely.
• Scan the system and preview installed applications
• Remove all types of service files
• Remove remains of previously uninstalled apps
• Reset application to a first-launch state
• Preview launch agents and system daemons
• Preview login items
• Disable launch agents and login items
• Find and preview installed System Extensions
• Remove System Extensions
• Easy-to-use shortcuts
• Any file or app quick preview
• Specific app-associated file formats preview
• In-app help assistance
• Show unused applications
• Skip list option
How to Uninstall an application using App Cleaner:
1. Launch App Cleaner.
2. Scan all applications for service files.
3. Choose unneeded application (left view). In-app purchase required.
4. Select all its’ service files on right view.
5. Click Remove.
6. If some apps were not removed, due to access rights, switch to Finder and move them manually to Trash*.
*Some applications can not be removed because they require administrator privileges. In this case, switch to the Finder and delete the application file in usual way.
PRO mode required to:
• Remove executable part of applications
• Remove system extensions
• Disable ads
FREE mode allows to:
• Preview all installed apps
• Preview service files for apps
• Remove service files for apps
• Reset apps to first-run state
• Preview installed extensions and widgets
• Disable launch agents and startup items
• Remove Remains - broken service files
Nektony: that's a 5th year we put our efforts to produce Mac cleanup utilities that solve any problematic issue.
NOTE: If you have any comments, general or technical issues, please contact us directly at [email protected], we will respond within one business day.
App Cleaner & Uninstaller is optimized for macOS High Sierra and now provides more options to delete apps with ease:
• Option to remove files to the Trash
• Logging for removal
• Usability interface improvements
• Improvements in scan process for supported document types
• Improvements in organizing and sorting apps by size to quickly uninstall unneeded programs
• Support of even more macOS app to uninstall completely
Most Helpful Reviews
As good as or better than the more popular “app cleaner" - I almost downloaded and purchased what looks like the more popular App Cleaner in the App store. Always looking for the best apps in all categories, I rely heavily on reviews. Knowing some devs and companies pay for thier reviews or solicit them in other manipulative ways, that is not my only criteria. I had already used this app in the past and knew I liked it. The other app charges $9.99 for the “pro” version. All the free version does (for both apps) is scan the computer. If you want to actually remove the files, you have to pay for the “pro” version. While that is a little pricey for this type of tool, I have paid more for apps that do less, if I want them bad enough. Before I committed, I figured I would give this app one more try. I’m so glad I did!! Thefre is no possible way that the other app is any more thorough than this little work horse. It’s fast, has a small footprint, and not only scans the application folder, but also the system service files and removes them as well. Once I saw the much more affordable price tag of $3.99 for this pro version, I knew I was making the right choice and committed without hesitation. Thank you for not being a greed monster Sergiy Savenko @ Nektony!
Not as advertised even remotely - If I don’t like an app I generally just move on however - this one claims to remove apps - IT DOESN’T - you MUST pay if you want to remove an app - that is ridiculous and false advertising - tell me I have to pay before I download and AM STUCK with it as I can’t get rid of it either on my MacBook. All of you that gave it 5 stars must have paid for it as the free version just is stupid - doesn’t do anything to free of real space - just gets rid of some small files that support apps. SO beware - if it is free you get what you pay for. FOr the people that made this - be honest in your advertising and tell us up front you want our money to uninstall things - if you had said that I probably would have paid the pittance amount but the fact that you lied and didn’t mention that - NO WAY I will go elsewhere.
More Reviews for Current Version
Rip Off - Purchased the Pro version. Not able to restore.
Free version does not actually remove app - I was misled by an article on the web—probably produced by the authors of this software—that this software would allow me to delete Winzip. I foolishly downloaded and installed it and set about deleting winzip. However, after pretending that it was going to allow me to do this and deleting some extra files related to winzip when it came time to delete the actual executable, the software said I had to upgrade to the Pro version. Very misleading. Now I have two utilities I need to delete.
Unable to restore the purchase - Paid for the pro version, but not able to restore the purchase after I reinstalled the OS.
Great App - Feels good to know its DELETED FOR REAL! - I used to use the remover app with the little brown grocerybag icon. But I read the reviews for this and they were all good. I went to use it and it showed me all the related files of the app i wanted to delete but said I had to upgrade to “pro” to use it. It was only $3.99 and it was totally worth it! Ive always been a bit paranoid about all the p-lists and preference files that apps leave behind after being deleted. This app puts my mind at ease. It’s a lot more important to me now because my internal ssd is not very big. Great app!!!!!!
Love this app - I’ve used several app cleaners and this is by far the best I’ve used. Worth every penny.