Developer: Eric Dejonckheere
Current Version: 1.7.0
Last Updated: 11 days ago
Download Size: 10 MB - Download
Apero is a macOS client for pnut.io, the free, invite-only social network (https://pnut.io).
With Apero you have all the power of a Mac app dedicated to pnut.io!
All the pnut.io features are supported by Apero: public posts, private messages, chatrooms, follow/mute/block, view/post images and gifs, mentions, threads, links, star, repost, search posts, search messages, search users, view/edit profile, trending posts, etc, everything is here!
The main window displays the Global, Home or Mentions streams. It automatically polls for new posts and auto updates edited and deleted posts. Also scrolls fast and smooth! Additionally, you can open as many other windows as you need: PMs, user profiles, conversations, rooms, etc.
**Important: you must have a pnut account in order to use Apero, this is mandatory.**
Note that Apero is compatible with macOS 10.11 but for a better experience we recommend using macOS 10.12+.
You can discover all Apero features and options in the FAQ (https://github.com/ericdke/apero-docs/blob/master/FAQ.md) and see Apero's evolution in the Changelog (https://github.com/ericdke/apero-docs/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md).
Support: contact the @apero account on pnut or send an email to [email protected] (see the FAQ).
# Dynamic timelines!
If you delete or edit a post with another client, Apero will reflect the changes in its windows!
Delete a post with ChimPnut, and Apero also removes it. Edit a post with Broadsword, and Apero updates the content of the post in its timeline. Dynamic deletion also applies to PMs and channel messages.
# Share/download a file from your pnut storage!
Get a short link, embed in a post/message or save to local disk.
# Other fixes and improvements
- The Interactions window now groups users who made the same action simultaneously (example: users @a and @b reposted the same post at the same time).
- Show "verified" icon. In posts/messages next to the avatar (option, default: on) and in Profile.
- Many new keyboard shortcuts, see the FAQ for details.
- If you post with another client, your post will be also editable in Apero.
- The "Message to..." window now resizes vertically like the other "New post" and "New message" windows.
- The "Open image" context menu now also shows-up for non-oembed images (simple links).
- Better error handling if the pnut.io server disconnects while Apero is running. Also improved handling of network related issues in general.
- Better handling of GIFs in posts when the user has clicked on the image to enable/disable the animation.
- Fixed an issue where the autocompletion for usernames could fail because of complex Unicode characters in the text.
- Fixed a bug where the Interactions window could crash the app if closed while loading data.
- Opening Patter links in Apero now also works with short URLs.
- Better support for d.pr images in the timeline (using direct url when available).
- The pnut files manager now shows more older files when scrolling to the bottom, if available.
- Fixed an animation error when scrolling to last post seen at launch which could cause avatars of two adjacent users to be swapped.