AnyVideo Converter HD
Current Version: 3.0.1
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 30.5 MB - Download
The best choice to convert videos for your Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, PSP, computer, mobile phone: Blackberry, Nokia, Samsung, Android e many others!
AnyVideo Converter HD is the easiest and fastest way to convert all your movies for your device
AnyVideo Converter HD is easy to use.
No settings and no technical knowledge required.
Simply drag your videos on the AnyVideo Converter HD, and all your videos will be converted quickly and in the best way you need.
* High Speed video conversion using Remux
* Suited for .mkv files
* Audio language selection
* Extract audio track from your movie
* Custom settings for PROFESSIONAL users
* Import special settings from our online forum
* Subtitles selection (chosing one from original file or adding from external file)
* Automatic deinterlace for better view on digital screen
* Works with 5.1 - 6.1 and 7.1 audio files & AC3 passthrough
* Sync with iTunes for all Apple devices
* Encoding engine optimized for 32 bit and 64 bit
* The conversion keeps the right aspect ratio of the source without any stretch
* No change in video color palette
* Video and audio codecs used for conversion are the best choice for the output device
* No ads
* No technical knowledge needed for using the software
* Convert also audio file to mp3 or m4a
Input File Format
.avi .mov .wmv .flv .m4v .3gp .mkv .mpeg .mpg .mpe .mp4 .aaf .asf .ogg .DivX . XviD .rm .rmv .ogm .ogv .dv .ts .mod .mts ... and many more
mpeg-1, mpeg-2, mpeg-4, avchd, matroska, H265, H264, H263, H261,AAC ... and more
This application does NOT convert:
- .vob files
- .m4v files with DRM as required by law for copyright protection.
- .wmv using MS PhotoStory and GoMeeting codecs
Perfect conversion for:
* All Apple TV, iPad, iPod and iPhone models
* Sony PlayStation 3, PSP, PSP Go and PlayStation Vita and XBOX 360
* Mobile Phones: BlackBerry, Android, Nokia, Samsung, LG, Sony, Windows Mobile 7, e many others.
* Computer: Xvid 480p, Xvid PAL, Xvid NTSC, .mov 480p, .mov 720p, .mov 1080p
* Audio: mp3 128Kb, mp3 256Kb, m4a 128Kb, m4a 256Kb
For every device, will be chosen the right video and audio codec to achieve the best image quality
Smart Conversion Technology
AnyVideo Converter HD use SCT (Smart Conversion Technology) to convert your video.
Each conversion maximize performance and minimize file size and conversion time.
Before conversion all videos are analyzed and the video will be converted in the best way for the selected device. If the original video has a smaller size than the native device, the converted video will have the same resolution as the original one. Instead, if the source video is larger than the display of the target device, it will be fit to the screen resolution of the device itself. The bitrate is automatically set by SCT for any device.
Very high speed conversion by optimizing the use of all processors.
AnyVideo Converter HD is designed to maximize performance on both 32bit and 64bit computers.
Some files can be converted just rearranging only audio and/or video data in the new video format.
For example an .mkv file with H264 video codec can be converted for Apple TV 3rd generation just converting only audio tracks if needed.
In this case you can convert a 8GB video in few minutes
- New Audio preferences: You can now convert 5.1 audio tracks to stereo and AC3 5.1 passthrough for Apple TV and PlayStation.
- Support for more decoders including H.265.
- New simplified and more functional user interface.
- New "Custom" category: If you are a pro now you can build your own presets selecting video container, video codec parameters and audio codec parameters. Great list of supported audio / video codec such as H.264 (up to 4K), MPEG4, MPEG2, Apple ProRes, Theora, VP8, WMV, FLV, XVID, MJPEG, …
- Improved conversion engine with support to OpenCL to make the most of your hardware using CPU and GPU during conversion.
- Option to choose how much CPU should be used during conversion (the effectiveness of this option depends on the selected video encoder).
Bug fixes and improvements:
Fixed a bug that prevents user interface to display correctly on a Retina MacBook Pro when connected to an external display.
Fixed a bug that prevents subtitles to be embedded when the conversion is started and the video options panel is opened.
Better support for MS Windows Media Video.
Fixed a bug that leads to a failed conversion of AVI files that contain wrong time-code.
Minor fixes and better support for many audio / video codecs.
Fixed a bug that prevents conversion of audio to AC3 5.1 with some movies when remux is active and audio is set to stereo + AC3 5.1
Most Helpful Reviews
Makes the complex as easy as drag and drop - Although I consider myself an expert in video compression and intimately familar with all the codecs and their arcane handles, the profusion of mobile playback devices had me looking for a streamlined and quicker way to convert masters to sets of optimized video for guaranteed playback on iphone, iPad, desktop, the web and AppleTV. This app is beautifully designed and makes this a snap with its intuitive and fun-to-use interface. The files also seem smaller and of higher quality at any given size, compared to the built-in defaults that QuickTime Pro offers for AppleTV or iPhone. Lastly I noticed that QuickTime Pro adds color management when converting to a specific device, which by itself a good thought, but would be better if one could also turn it off, as it’s not always a good thing. This app preserves the color and does not mess with it, which I prefer. It’s the best app for creating off-shoots from your HD gold masters I found out there… as powerful as Adobe’s MediaEncoder for 90% of the uses I have, but without all the overwhelming complexity. And did I mention… it’s FAST?
fail - converted avi and mkv to apple tv, the output files skipped and was shaking
More Reviews for Current Version
Nice app - Decent performance and batch processing, especially .mkv to .m4v for Apple TV. Reason for 1 star “ding” is that, while it has the capability to select an alternate audio language track for conversion, it doesn’t provide a way to make any particular language the “default”. For example, with one set of files I have, track “0” is listed as “fre”(nch), and track “1” is listed as “eng”(lish). It *should* be possible to somehow tell it to always select the “eng” track, regardless of track number, unless “instructed otherwise” via Advanced mode. Consequently, when converting large numbers of files where the language I want isn’t the default/first listed, I have to do them manually one at a time, which becomes time-consuming. You *can* drag in a group of files to start a batch, but you still have to change the language in Advanced mode on each individual file; there otherwise don’t appear to be any “batch” or “global” settings.
Easy to use, but lacks in-depth features - I do a lot of video conversion and video creation using my Mac. This is a great little app and is extremely easy to use and works like a charm. That being said it does not have a huge amount of flexibility like some free apps do (such as Handbrake). I still use this app on an almost daily basis because it converts to almost a lossless quality from the original source file.
nope!!! - wouldn’t convert my avi
Very consistent - I’ve used this on hundreds of old video files, and have received error files on about five. (These were very, very old .rv files). The converted files show no reduction in quality. More recent files, especially .mkv files, are converted incredibly quickly. Most .avi and .wmv files, however, will take some time — maybe 30 minutes or so on an old Mac Pro. As the app can run on batches of files, it’s not a problem to load it up and let it run over night. Now all my videos are easily playable on all my iOS devices.
No Reply to Support Requests - I have send multiple requests for support and received no replies. The lack of communication is most frustrating. My problem probably has a simple answer, but the company refuses to communicate.