Antivirus Zap - Virus & Adware
Developer: Voros Innovation
Current Version: 3.0.1
Last Updated: 25 minutes ago
Download Size: 177.6 MB - Download
50% OFF LIMITED TIME ONLY - NO SUBSCRIPTION OR OTHER HIDDEN COST
Antivirus Zap is a comprehensive solution that scans and removes malware and other malicious software from your Mac. It detects threats or suspicious files that are already on your Mac and protects you from being exposed in the future.
- Detects and Removes malware and viruses to safeguard your Mac
- Quick Scan:
- Checks the most likely locations for malware and adware
- Depending on the number of files, the scan takes about 5-15 minutes to complete
- Normal Scan:
- Checks an extended list of most likely locations including Applications, Downloads, Desktop, Mail Download etc. folders
- Depending on the number of files, the scan takes about an hour or more to complete
- Full scan:
- Comprehensive scan that checks the whole system.
- Depending on the number of files, it takes an hour or more to complete, ideal for an overnight scan
- Custom scan:
- Select any specific files or folders to scan
- Perfect for suspicious files, folders and USB drives
- Scan + Browser Restore:
- Same as the Quick Scan and also restores internet browsers by removing extensions, cookies and caches
- Depending on the number of files, the scan takes about 10-30 minutes to complete
- Scans all applications and processes currently in the memory
- Scans all programs that start automatically by the system
- Detects not only macOS but also Windows and Linux threats. You can scan Windows bootcamp, external and network drives for malware.
- Option to exclude certain file types which are unlikely to pose a threat such as image, movie and audio files
- Also searches for malware in archives (zip, pkg, etc.) and inside various types of files such as pdf, pkg, zip, etc.
- Easy to use user interface
- Daily database updates
+ Improved scanning speed for all scans especially for Quick Scan
+ improved detection rate
+ Automatic AV and adware database update before scan
+ Found threats are now shown during scanning process
+ Scanning can be paused and resumed any time
+ Option to autostart at login
+ Option to hide Dock or Menubar icons
Most Helpful Reviews
Great job! - So my Mac has been running really slow which is a huge peeve of mine. I struggled with purchasing virus protection because of all the mixed reviews of some of the different apps and how they didn’t work or people thought they were spyware. I researched and researched and some weren’t in the app store, so what was I to do? The apps there were in the app store had around 4 stars, but Antivirus Zap had the most reviews with 4 stars so I decided to take a chance. When I first downloaded the app, I did a full scan and it took about 30-40 minutes. I had 6 viruses/malware/adware and removed them. Now my internet speed is back to top speed. Thanks Antivirus Zap, I’m glad I took a chance.
OptiBuy is still here - Even it is detecting the OptiBuy it will not remove it. I am still having problems with my Safari browser.
More Reviews for Current Version
Really handy app! - I wanted a app to scan my computer as my company had some viruses being sent through email. I read through the reviews and it seemed like a great product, and the issues that people had spoken of seemed to be fixed in my download. While the scan didn’t give me an estimated time for completion, it did have a pause button and seemed to let me delete files as the scan found them. My computer is newer and doesn’t have a lot of files on it, so the scan worked very quickly and only found one file, which I promptly asked it to remove. The only reason that I gave it 4 out of 5 is because I would have liked a more thorough confirmation that the file was removed, rather than it just striking through the text—but this could just be because when things seem to work fast, we question if they’re really working. I’m sure the system had already isolated that file and deleting it was a very quick process, but I felt that I would have liked to see where it was deleting it. Overall, I would definitely recommend this! It seems like a great product for $1.99.