Developer: MICRI Consult
Current Version: 1.0.0
Last Updated: 11 months ago
Download Size: 6.1 MB - Download
This app solves a wind triangle by allowing you entering four values out of six (three speeds and three angles) and calculating the remaining two. It then explains how you get these results with a flight computer, by animating it. It rotates the disk, slides it and add marks. It also shows what value to use for each step towards the solution.
It also contains an example generator for the 15 different combinations of 4 given values with 2 to calculate. Occasionally it also produces "impossible" values, such as triangles degenerated to a single line or data for which it is not possible to construct a triangle. This is deliberate to let a (student) pilot think about the data entered and find good data starting from there.
For each set of good data, it draws a wind triangle, giving you an insight in how to navigate. It illustrates this by showing a little plane flying along a course while compensating for the wind using a correct heading.
The conversions show you different units in SI and Imperial dimensions, while the calculators help you find cross wind components or help you preparing your flight.
This app is the professional version of the free Basic Flight Computer app.
- Solves any kind of wind triangle problem and explains how to find those results on a flight computer.
- Contains an accurate visualization of a flight computer and animates the different steps towards a solution.
- Generates examples for 15 different situations of four given values and two results to obtain. Draws the wind triangle complying with the given data.
- Contains a small animation showing why you need a wind triangle to navigate.
- Offers conversions for fuel, speed, climb rate, altitude, distance, mass and temperature.
- A small calculator helps you determining e.g. EET. Calculates the cross wind, head wind and tail wind.
- Click the explain tab to get a short explanation of this app.
- Changes its language to the language settings of your computer. Only for English (Default), French, German, Spanish and Dutch.
More Reviews for Current Version
Not really an E6B - This is a very poor excuse for a E6B Flight Computer app. There are so many more functions that an actual E6B provides, and the manual E6B is easier to use and more intuitive! Only has the back side of the E6B too…. Can’t believe I paid $2.99 for this.