Anatomy & Physiology – An Introduction to Body Structures and Function
Developer: Visible Body
Current Version: 3.0.17
Last Updated: 11 months ago
Download Size: 1.1 GB - Download
Get Anatomy & Physiology and start your step-by-step visual introduction to each human body system. This app uses 3D models, illustrations, and 3D animations to present the core concepts in an undergraduate A&P course.
Conquer those tough anatomy topics! Put aside the textbook, the lab specimens, or plastic 3D models and jump into an immersive 3D experience.
- Zoom in to see in real 3D how nerves exit the spinal cord, and their relationship to the vertebrae.
- Rotate to study the branches of the cranial nerves or the microanatomy of the eye from all perspectives.
- Watch a 50-second 3D animation that explains the physiology of muscle contractions.
This app includes 12 units with 50 chapters/modules that use over 500 preset views of 3D models, more than 150 illustrations and animations, and hundreds of quiz questions.
Within each of the 12 content units, you can
- Rotate the anatomical models. Zoom in or out.
- Read definitions and hear pronunciations.
- Watch short animations that explain physiological processes.
- Study by creating notecards. Favorite views to access later.
- Track your progress with learning objective checklists.
- Test your knowledge with quizzes.
- Share content with others.
Anatomy & Physiology presents core functions of all body systems, including
Cells and Tissues
- Compatible with OS X 10.9/10.10/10.11
About Visible Body
Visible Body creates innovative, interactive 3D human anatomy and physiology content and applications. If you love the human body, you’ll love us! Doctors, professors, nurses, and students are among the people who use our apps to make learning and teaching anatomy and physiology visual and engaging. Over a million people have used our products. Founded in 1996, Visible Body also operates as Argosy Publishing.
Email us at [email protected]
- NEW! Customize the app and track your learning. Create a library of Favorites with 3D models, illustrations, animations, and notes that you need to review. Access a question-by-question assessment of quiz performance to track your understanding of the concepts.
- ALL-NEW USER EXPERIENCE! We’ve made it even easier for you to pick a lesson and move through it at your own pace. Prefer to jump around to specific topics? The new search tool makes it fast to find topics covered at various points throughout the course.
- Other enhancements: All new look and feel, plus ability to zoom into images and share content with others.
Most Helpful Reviews
Totally worth it - I have other products by VB and while I no longer need them for school (having graduated), I decided last night to be a good person and get this for my younger sister, who will be taking A&P in the fall. The price may be a little steep, but it's completely worth it! The models are from the Atlas, but there are more structures and they seem to look even better! The textures are awesome. There are also a ton of short videos and pictures to help explain physiological stuff. I like the way it's set up--it's kind of like a book, where you hit the arrow and go to the next thing. At the end of the "chapter" are quizzes, both on anatomy and physiology. The questions could be a little tougher, I guess, but for review? It's awesome. My sister loves it. She's already making flashcards from what she's learning in the app to prep for the fall. I think the app would be A+ perfect if the questions were a teensy bit harder, but other than that and on the whole? It's absolute gold!
What happened? - The previous version of this app was golden. I used it every day to study anatomy for my class, even though I unintentionally paid $60 for it (clumsy clicking). Ever since the new update came out I’ve been viewing nothing but a glitched screen that doesn’t show me anything beyond the main menu. I’m on the verge of deleting this app. Please fix it.